Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 10-21-2000, 03:49 PM   #1
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I have a couple of characters set to change class to Paladin. I was able to successfully complete the transformation with my warrior but unable to successfully complete my priest's transformation. I thought perhaps it was a problem of trying to do two of the same quests at the same time so took my priest all the way back to the Altar of Serran and had him pray again but that didn't work. I tried to change another character to Paladin - same problem. My latest thought is that perhaps the Altar of Serran has to actually heal the praying character for the game to register that they've prayed (and prayed and prayed). Anyone have any insight on this problem?
Good game, annoying quest problem.
Wyv
Old 10-21-2000, 08:30 PM   #2
Paldarion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Only those who have paid for the "quest" can actually progress.
Old 10-22-2000, 09:21 AM   #3
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

They've not been lacking for money so I don't believe that is the problem.

Wyv
Old 10-22-2000, 10:15 AM   #4
Paldarion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

What I meant was you have to go to the guild, choose "change role" or whatever it is in the upper left hand corner, select 'paladin' - you may have to unselect something else first if you are already on a different progression.

If you select your character in the warrior's guild or priests guild and choose the 'paladin' option, as long as you're accepted for training (have the prerequisite abilities) and then go to the statue, you will become a paladin. If it doesn't say " -your character- is already in paladin training" then he is not on the progression and saying the phrase is useless.
Old 10-23-2000, 08:01 AM   #5
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks for trying to help but I figured out what the problem was and not really happy with the solution either. All my characters were "Paladin in training" - but I figured that naturally as soon as I returned from the quest I would get the credit for the quest but no..... you have to stand there and do nothing until the whomever gets around to telling you that you've completed your quest and have been promoted. So all the characters I was trying to change to paladin are paladins and I have a new quest - to try and figure out where the Samuarai quest can be fulfilled. I know it is supposed to be just West off the moat for S. Castle, but I've been there a zillion times and nada.

Wyv
Old 10-23-2000, 08:45 AM   #6
MrCreosote

The Samurai quest is right by the castle, swim along the moat and under a small bridge and there is a small area of land with some gravestones, of Samurai - IF you have been given the Samurai quest the Samurai in full regalia (as opposed to skeletons) will be there, kill him, returieve the baton, take it back to the Bushido for promotion. Reapeat for EACH char you wish to become a Samurai and get very bored in the process.