Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 09-15-2012, 12:35 AM   #21
Luvian
Ironworks Moderator

Default Re: Ironworks Forum

Time goes by too fast. Or maybe I just don't have as much spare time than when I was younger. These days I'm happy when I get one evening to just sit down and relax.

I have just reinstalled Icewind Dale 1. Haven't played it in many years. But of course I have Guild Wars 2 I'm "playing" too. (I wish I had the time!)
Old 09-15-2012, 12:59 AM   #22
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudhy View Post
I removed Grimrock from disk.

I couldn't finish it. As you may know from my time playing W8, I don't reload after a party is destroyed. This way to play is impossible in Grimrock. It has fantastic graphics and it gives back a long forgotten feeling of the old dungeon games.

But it's pure stress.

There is no Pause-Key, you need three eyes, four hands and two brains to play it. I could handle it to level 5. Descending deeper it becomes more and more arcade. Small rooms, fast enemies and continuous clicking on runes.

I tried it several times but I have to give up.

What a pity.
Sounds like Diablo lol.

Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2012, 12:36 AM   #23
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luvian View Post
Time goes by too fast. Or maybe I just don't have as much spare time than when I was younger. These days I'm happy when I get one evening to just sit down and relax.

I have just reinstalled Icewind Dale 1. Haven't played it in many years. But of course I have Guild Wars 2 I'm "playing" too. (I wish I had the time!)
Icewind Dale sounds like a good idea for later. I bought a disk once with Icewind 1+2 and the Baldur's Gate Trilogy.

I returned to Jagged Alliance 2 for now. The community developed a very good mod for the game. It's very difficult, but it's turn-based. So I can sit there and drink a cup ot tea (or more .... )

You're right : Time goes by too fast. Unbelievable. I remember I bought a C64 and Ultima II in the year 1983. Maybe I should celebrate my 30th anniversary of gaming next year .
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:09 AM   #24
Azred
Drow Priestess

Ironworks Forum Re: Ironworks Forum

I started on a Commodore64 with Bard's Tale. I had plenty of games before that, of course, but they were pretty forgettable...except for The Standing Stones and text-only games like Zork I - III, Enchanter, and Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:46 AM   #25
Loudhy
Drizzt Do'Urden

Yes, or Leather Goddesses of Phobos. That game was pure hell. I never finished it. My english wasn't good enough, even with dictionary. Especially humor is sometimes hard to understand .

Oh man, I should return to the present now and stop living in the past.
Loudhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:57 PM   #26
Azred
Drow Priestess

Ironworks Forum Re: Ironworks Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loudhy View Post
Leather Goddesses of Phobos
I was perhaps 12 or 13 when I got that game, which I managed to successfully hide from my mother.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #27
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

I know the feeling. I flit in and out of this place so sporadically. I'm not sure who actually remembers my days of heavy posting. I think it's a bit of a catch 22. I remember a time when I could post, check back in about 30 seconds and know that someone would have replied. Conversation just flowed pretty well. Then, as it got quieter, people replied less and less, so I checked back less and less. Kinda perpetuated itself really. Which is a massive shame as I used to love this place. I haven't ventured out of General Discussion in a long time though. I never really used the gaming forums except for the BG one. Which is what drew me to IW in the first place.
Old 10-03-2012, 11:24 AM   #28
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

Weirdly enough I play games less and less now. The last thing I played was a stint on Lost Odyssey about a month ago. They just rarely grip me as much any more. The last thing I was REAAALLY in to was Mass Effect 3. Which I was REALLY in to.

I'm pretty sure it's because most of my free time lately has been taken in with my desire to watch all 18 seasons of Stargate back to back.

I bloody love Stargate.
Old 10-03-2012, 04:25 PM   #29
Elif Godson
Dracolich

Awesome on the Stargate B! I'm in the same boat gaming wise, just no real time. My children are at the fun age of let's go do stuff and who am I to deny them quality time??
Old 10-04-2012, 12:52 PM   #30
Beaumanoir
Iron Throne Cult

I just got to series 8 in my marathon and have found corrupted (or more likely incomplete) files! DISASTER. Now to acquire moar sg-1.

Games I will return to the console for: Dishonoured (providing it doesn't make me sick-as-a-dog like mirrors edge did) and Watch Dogs (Which looks OMAZING).