Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-31-2009, 01:13 PM   #1
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Default CIA base chief killed in attack

Media claims sucide bomber:

WASHINGTON – The CIA said Thursday that seven of its employees were killed and six others wounded in a suicide bombing at a base in Afghanistan. The Associated Press has learned that one of them was the chief of the CIA's post in Afghanistan's southeastern Khost Province.

CIA states act of terrorism:

CIA Director Leon Panetta said in a message to agency staff that the casualties sustained in Wednesday's strike at Forward Operating Base Chapman were the result of a terrorist attack. The Taliban claimed responsibility for the bombing.

So, which is it?

Love us or hate us, matters not, we will do what needs to be done. And I say to you, if you don't support us, then please by all means, stand in front of us.

"Those who fell yesterday were far from home and close to the enemy, doing the hard work that must be done to protect our country from terrorism," Panetta said. "We owe them our deepest gratitude, and we pledge to them and their families that we will never cease fighting for the cause to which they dedicated their lives — a safer America."

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 08:36 AM   #2
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Default Re: CIA base chief killed in attack

hmmm...Think I will butt out of this one considering my viewpoint is somewhat "red" and "liberal" on what the US are doing around in the world.
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 01:20 PM   #3
Chewbacca
Zartan

I smell a trap! (You may have stepped in it Sparhawk!)

I'll go ahead and roll my saving throw....

No, it's not terrorism to attack a military base, duh.
Old 01-01-2010, 01:52 PM   #4
LordKathen
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

"Suicide bombing" or "Act of terorrism"? I fail to see the differance...
Old 01-01-2010, 02:09 PM   #5
Chewbacca
Zartan

Worried Re: CIA base chief killed in attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordKathen View Post
"Suicide bombing" or "Act of terorrism"? I fail to see the differance...
Usually suicide bombings are acts of terrorism, ie. when they are used on civilian targets. In this case the bombing was on a military base, though the victims are technically civilians. They were also CIA operatives and therefore may be considered combatents.
Old 01-02-2010, 06:43 AM   #6
VulcanRider
Lord Soth

Since it was against a military target I'd call it an act of war...

-----
Help feed animals in shelters with just a mouse click at The Animal Rescue Site !!
VulcanRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 07:25 AM   #7
Sparhawk
Quintesson

Act of terrorism would not include killing CIA employees would it?

I would rather say that it is an act of terrorism that a somali male tried to kille the cartoonist behind the muhammed drawings yesterday evening but the terrorist was shot down by the local cops that responded to the alarm in the house.
"Between the years when the oceans drank Atlantis and the rise of the sons of Arius. There was an age undreamed of, when shining kingdoms lay spread across the world. Hither came Conan, the cimmarian, sword in hand. It is I, his chronicler who knows well his saga. Now let me tell you of the days of high adventure!"

"Unleash the Casey!"

"Make no mistake, should you choose to test my resolve in this matter, you will be looking at an outcome that will have a finality, that is beyound your comprehension. And you will not counting the days or the months or the years, but milleniums in a place with no doors!"
Sparhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2010, 01:11 PM   #8
Chewbacca
Zartan

Looking Around Re: CIA base chief killed in attack

According to CNN talking-head on the noisy living room rectangle the bomber was allegedly a sort of double agent who was being recruited to spy for the CIA.

The taliban group the bomber was allegedly working for is based in Pakistan and has allegedly suffered losses at the hands of CIA drone missile attacks. Allegedly this attack was revenge for those attacks.

Now the CIA chief is also talking about getting revenge for the CIA losses...oh, allegedly that sounds a lot like a vicious cycle...

I think I'm done using the word allegedly for today...allegedly