Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-07-2002, 09:11 AM   #41
Anarion

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
quote:
Originally posted by Radiant_Memphit:
geology/ocean science. its hard going to start with...
Sounds very interesting but quite technical! I did archaeology/history part-time a couple of years back while working full time. Some science stuff in there and a little geology & geography, but mostly getting mud under your nails! Good fun tho.[/QUOTE]i applied to do archaeology.. only it was a good uni and the entry requirements were enormous...

Old 10-07-2002, 09:14 AM   #42
Epona
Zartan

Quote:
quote:
quote:
Sounds very interesting but quite technical! I did archaeology/history part-time a couple of years back while working full time. Some science stuff in there and a little geology & geography, but mostly getting mud under your nails! Good fun tho.[/QUOTE]i applied to do archaeology.. only it was a good uni and the entry requirements were enormous...[/QUOTE]Are you at Bristol uni? Isn't that where the infamous Mick Aston (of the stripy jumpers) teaches?
Old 10-07-2002, 09:19 AM   #43
Anarion

Quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Sounds very interesting but quite technical! I did archaeology/history part-time a couple of years back while working full time. Some science stuff in there and a little geology & geography, but mostly getting mud under your nails! Good fun tho.[/QUOTE]i applied to do archaeology.. only it was a good uni and the entry requirements were enormous...[/QUOTE]Are you at Bristol uni? Isn't that where the infamous Mick Aston (of the stripy jumpers) teaches?[/QUOTE]im in plymouth- bristol didnt do ocean science.. and theyre a really top end uni too.. are you from the uk then??

Old 10-07-2002, 09:25 AM   #44
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Morning, all. Had a nasty storm last night, and this morning had to clean up after the dog, who apparently got nervous, so it has beeen a "crappy" morning, so far. Hope everyone's is better.
Old 10-07-2002, 09:30 AM   #45
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Hello everyone [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] can i get something strong to drink; i've been studying physics,my favourite, for a long time and now i feel like collapsing ........
*falls unconscious on the floor*
Old 10-07-2002, 09:33 AM   #46
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Radiant Mephit- A quick Reminder: Please cut out some of the quotes when you reply to something already using them. Ziroc dislikes large 'pyramids' of quoting in replies.

Quote:
welcome?? not like i havent been here before... and i havent posted for abour 6 months- a year. my point was why do you have to have 'your' own little discussion post- its that it has to have your name at the top, and infact 'be' yours. dont start being condecending or whatever- i post on forums alot and i just remembered this one- thats why ive started posting again, its that when people start to set up their 'own' chats or suchlike, to a greater or lesser extent they are trying to make themselves feel more important..

anycase ignore the ramblings if ya want, im just feeling a bit grumbly today...
Ah yes, your welcome, call it a 'welcome back after being away' if it helps. It's what we do here at Escape Forums. We want people to feel comfortable. You sound like an interesting person, so pull up a chair and have a good time and we'll just chalk the first few 'complaints' of yours up to a bad day. [img]smile.gif[/img]

But try to remember to be respectful, it goes a lot farther than insults or implied insults ever will. ("...people start to set up their 'own' chats or suchlike, to a greater or lesser extent they are trying to make themselves feel more important..") ROTFL [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] Uh, hey, I've been around long enough to not be worried about the 'important' feeling, LOL, and *whispers* once they make you a mod, you realize you're just another one of the support staff!* LOL
Everyone's important here, RM.

As for why my name is there...why not? As someone or several someones have already told you, I created it, I maintain it and hey, it's a catchy topic title. And Epona's right, I like a good chat with the people who hang out here and in GD in general.

speaking of Epona....HEY! I know I've not been on much lately, have missed chatting with you too! Looked for you the other day but you weren't on. I've been working, shopping, cleaning, doing stuff in the yard, playing 2 multiplayer games, the usual. Plus, of course, spending what time I can with Jim. [img]graemlins/lovestory.gif[/img] He's settling in just fine! Still waiting on work, he's got a job all but clinched, just waiting for his ex-boss in Idaho to get around to sending a reference! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 10-07-2002, 09:35 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 10-07-2002, 09:33 AM   #47
whacky
Emerald Dragon

Quote:
quote:
Sounds very interesting but quite technical! I did archaeology/history part-time a couple of years back while working full time. Some science stuff in there and a little geology & geography, but mostly getting mud under your nails! Good fun tho.[/QUOTE]Anyone cares to explain why geography is soo interesting ......... i wish there was no geography EVER then i'd have all the time to do maths and physics ........
Old 10-07-2002, 09:34 AM   #48
Anarion

Quote:
Originally posted by whacky:
Hello everyone [img]graemlins/wavey.gif[/img] can i get something strong to drink; i've been studying physics,my favourite, for a long time and now i feel like collapsing ........
*falls unconscious on the floor*
physics is the stupidest topic ever. also all physics teachers and lecturers that ive had (bar one..) were all preoccupied unlikeable idiots, who regularly taught (teach!) stuff that we dont need to know, and incompetently teach the stuff we do, and then have the arrogance to complain when noone knows what the hell is going on... anycase thats physics teachers for ya

Old 10-07-2002, 09:36 AM   #49
Anarion

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Radiant Mephit- A quick Reminder: Please cut out some of the quotes when you reply to something already using them. Ziroc dislikes large 'pyramids' of quoting in replies.

sorry.. i just usualy click on quote when i reply unless it is a genralistic reply...

Old 10-07-2002, 09:38 AM   #50
Anarion

Quote:
Originally posted by whacky:
quote:
quote:
Sounds very interesting but quite technical! I did archaeology/history part-time a couple of years back while working full time. Some science stuff in there and a little geology & geography, but mostly getting mud under your nails! Good fun tho.[/QUOTE]Anyone cares to explain why geography is soo interesting ......... i wish there was no geography EVER then i'd have all the time to do maths and physics ........[/QUOTE]geography is so good. its the best topic i did at gcse and a-level (i did a levels in chemistry physics maths and geography- geography was far and away the best topic of the lot)