Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 03-11-2002, 10:12 PM   #61
SSJ4Sephiroth
Beholder

Hey everyone! Oof, I've been swamped lately! its test week at school, and we're having both the Iowa Tests and the full OCCT this week... its long, boring, and repetetive. Also I've been working exceptionallyi hard as of late, because I'm trying to get my novel absolutely ready to be sent into EDGE publishing. I've done all the work, now I just need a little bit more information and some internatonal address stamps (or whatever theyre called) and i can send it off! hooray! *does a happy dance*
Old 03-11-2002, 10:13 PM   #62
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

quote:
Originally posted by Galadria:
Attalus claims that I was pumping my fist in the air and hollering, "we rule, vampires drool" then, but I think that he was exaggerating.

Lady Galadria, I will have you know that I never exaggerate, unless I've had two Martinis. Which I have. Whoops, I'd better not say anything more.
Old 03-11-2002, 10:44 PM   #63
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Okay, so I have just got back from the joy that is "Hombres" night club on Oxford Street. Possibly the most appallingly cheap and nasty place the world has ever seen, and hopefully will ever see. But anyway, I will feel worse if I go to bed drunk so I thought I might post here to pass the time.... errrr... actually... I am going to bed now. You don't want to know how many attempts it took me to spell most of this. Urrrrggggh!
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 03-12-2002, 03:39 AM   #64
Scholarcs
Red Dragon

Here is a question for my fellow christains: is easter as important as christmas? I believe so.
<br />\"A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five\" - Groucho Marx<br />Member of the ORT Clan. <br />\"Some birds are not meant to be caged because their feathers are too bright\"<br />Ma bouche sera la bouche des malheurs qui n\'ont point de bouche, ma voix, la liberté de celles qui s\'affaissent au cachot du désespoir. - Aimé Césaire<br />La plus perdue de toutes les journées est celle où l\'on n\'a pas ri. - Sébastien Roch Nicolas
Old 03-12-2002, 03:57 AM   #65
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
Originally posted by Scholarcs:
Here is a question for my fellow christains: is easter as important as christmas? I believe so.

I think if anything its more important... Like cloudy said its the most Symbolic part of the Religion and also it is the part were he shows himself to truthfully be the Son of God.... which is IMO more important than his birth, which is also very important..
Old 03-12-2002, 07:06 AM   #66
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

(reading Galadria's post re. the game with a big goofy grin, nodding agreement...)

Morning all! Fresh coffee....warm blueberry muffins if you hurry. I'm feeling particularly cheerful this morning and I have no clue why--but I plan to thoroughly enjoy the sensation .
Old 03-12-2002, 07:16 AM   #67
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

quote:
Originally posted by Scholarcs:

Scholarcs, I am not a fellow Christian, so I may have a slightly different twist on thigs, but to me Easter (Ostara to me) and Christmas (yule) are equally important. Yule represents the laying to rest of the old and the impending birth of the new, a promise of hope and light around the corner. Ostara is the realization of that promise--we are coming out of our bleak winter (both of nature and of the soul) and the world is awash in new life, as if the blind faith of Yule has manifested in wondrous beginnings.
Old 03-12-2002, 08:13 AM   #68
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Yay, discussion of religion. Scholarcs, I certainly agree with all who say that Easter is the High Holiday of the year for Christians. In fact, for many years, Christmas was a minor holiday at best, especially to the Church, whereas Easter got the High Mass, the white vestments and altar-cloths, the mumming and the Passion Plays, which were the root of modern drama. It was the Victorians who turned Christmas into the most important day of the year for the lay world, specifically Washington Irving (American), in his influential and still readable essay, "Old Christmas," about decaying British Christmas customs, and of course, Charles Dickens, in "A Christmas Carol." The Victorians also invented the Christmas Card.
Now, typing all that was thirsty work. How about some Vienna Bread and coffee?
Garnet, Galadria will post when she gets back from her run, she says.
Old 03-12-2002, 08:50 AM   #69
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Morning, all. Attalus, it's a little early for that, don't you think? And, Vienna bread! What about your diet?
Garnet, I really did enjoy myself. I had to make chicken soup last night, another sickie in the house. Piestrider throwing up his toenails all day yesterday, but he got down my patented homemade soup all right. Let's see, how about some hot tea and buttered toast?
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 03-12-2002, 09:04 AM   #70
Garnet FalconDance
Mephistopheles

It's ok, Attalus. I watch what I eat, too........I watch it go from plate to fork to my mouth [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] .

Buttered toast?!? Oh well, at least it's buttered--or is it low-fat, no-taste butter substitute? My sister does that to us at Thanksgiving. Or at least she did until two years ago when I flat out refused to eat *anything* that I thought might be low-fat! (She has a heart condition, but goes way overboard sometimes. Imean, this is the woman whose favorite 'foods' include the grease-laden crumbs left from frying chicken! .) We now all agree that twice a year at her house we can have all the fatty, yummy and generally probably-not-real-good-for-anything-but-the-souls foods.

How was your run? The sunis out this morn, so hopefully the warmth will follow. I saw a red breasted robin in the backyard on Sunday, so spring is surely here!