Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2001, 11:26 AM   #21
Charlie
Lord Ao

Ouch Memnoch.

So are you really trying to say that the English cricket team aren't the worlds finest ever to take the field?.....Shit...thought so.

PLAYING.
TOTSC and IWD with a BG2 multi-player. IWD is excellent and I'm really pleased I got it. Planescape Torment is still in the background waiting to be played. Tried it but the dialogue got a little excessive. Still it looks good and I've heard good things so I'll pick it back up when my other adventuring days are done.

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 03-07-2001, 11:33 AM   #22
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

I still play BGII, my third time around now and I'm experimenting with a Kensai, kick ass kit man! There isn't really any other CRPG in there, I might try Arcanum or obviously BGII expansion.
Other games worth mentioning are Close Combat series, Rogue Spear, and the ever fantastic Championship Manager series.

------------------
Vicotnik, archmage of the Holy Flame - Challenge me... and die.
Old 03-07-2001, 11:36 AM   #23
Sir_Tainly

CM is good as long as you don't play multi-player with all the leagues on. I took to read large books between each turn.

------------------

Old 03-07-2001, 11:42 AM   #24
Vicotnik
Zhentarim Guard

never played it on mp, thought it might take that bit to long time!

------------------
Vicotnik, archmage of the Holy Flame - Challenge me... and die.
Old 03-07-2001, 11:43 AM   #25
Gray Mage
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
GM - The sims, I have that, bought it for the girls I lived with last year. Its a girlie game I think, I hated it. You really had to work to kill things, like have no cooking skills, use the oven. Try to fight the fire and burn to death.

[/B]
ST I also play Diablo and resident evil.....Sorry if an intellectual game is not your thing...You can join the army, Become a master criminal....Play BG2 on the home computer you buy

------------------

Feel My Power
Old 03-07-2001, 11:48 AM   #26
Sir_Tainly

Excellent I got him to respond, - Evil -

I just found it boring, now matter what we did the sim person became a manic depressive. I want my computer games to be escapist!

We kept joining the army and kept winding up in the Special Forces (Needs?) before being dishonourably discharged, that never happens in Delta Force 2.

------------------

Old 03-07-2001, 11:53 AM   #27
Gray Mage
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir_Tainly:
Excellent I got him to respond, - Evil -

I just found it boring, now matter what we did the sim person became a manic depressive. I want my computer games to be escapist!

We kept joining the army and kept winding up in the Special Forces (Needs?) before being dishonourably discharged, that never happens in Delta Force 2.

Unfortunately, work is a pain in the arse today, Apparently the snow we had has frozen the brains of EVERYONE in this company, been busy runnin' around fixing STUPID problems. Heard of Cid Meyers civilization 2, that is along the lines of Sims, except you control a whole civilization of people.....Make War, piece, steal technology, discover things, etc.

It's long and involved, but fun. ayway running back and forth trying to post in the Chaos that is my job.

------------------

Feel My Power
Old 03-07-2001, 11:56 AM   #28
Sir_Tainly

Yep Civ2 is good, I played Civ1 to death on my Amiga, and played my friends Civ2 for a while but it didn't "grab" me enough to keep playing. IIRC I had a starwars mod for Civ 2. These days I only seem to play action games or RPGs, guess my tastes have change a lot since I started off.

------------------

Old 03-07-2001, 12:10 PM   #29
Gray Mage
Banned User

Where did you pick up that Star wars mod, I think I need to get that. yeah, I mainly play my new games, but need to go back every once in a while to conquer the world. I also enjoy Sim- city, city2000, city3000(it's like crack for your computer, tower. All are collecting dust now, however need to go back and remember what games used to be like back in the day.

------------------

Feel My Power
Old 03-07-2001, 12:18 PM   #30
Gabriel
Emerald Dragon

I'm playing The Sims, Simcity 3000, Starship troppers, X-beyond the frontier, Nocturne, Kingpin, Imperium Galactica, Fallout 2 and Dungeon Keeper2. (different game a day, keeps bordem away.)

------------------

Co-president of the Club of Broken Hearts