Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 03-05-2002, 10:42 PM   #1
Crazy Tuvok
Welcomed New User

Hey all

Finally got Wiz 8 but I admit I never played any of the other ones and I am downright confused about a few things. Please forgive me if there are answers to these questions elsewhere..I will be happy to go there directly and delete this post if I have gaffed.
At any rate.

1. What am I missing. Admitedly I have only just begun (still in monastery at the beginning) but what good is the light spell? Am i really going to be someplace so godawful dark that it will come in handy or should I spend spell points elsewhere?

2. Am I screwed. I played a party and restarted. The reason being that my Psionic Mook (which just seemed so damn cool) was NOT working out. SO as it satnds I only have two "pure" spellcasters (a Mage and a Priest). Does this hopelessly frell my party for the future?

3. Spellpower - is ther any way for it to rejunate other than camping?

Again, if these have been obviously answered elsewhere I apologize.
Old 03-05-2002, 11:10 PM   #2
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

1. I don't see any point of using this spell as most of the dungeons are not very dark. I have finished the whole game in my previous round without even using this spell.

2. Not really. but a pure spellcaster like a mage or Bishop would be nice. My current part comprises of Samurai, Valk, fighter, Bard, Gadgeteer and Bishop. Although Samurai and Valk can cast spells at level 5 and above, the only 'true' spellcaster that I have is the Bishop.

3. Yep, spell points will regenerate over time, but a very slow rate. There are some artifacts later in the game that could speed up the SP regeneration rate. You could also use potion of magic nectar to recover SPs.
Old 03-05-2002, 11:34 PM   #3
ice3
Drow Warrior

1. Only the retro dungeons needs actually light. I fyou cast light it will atract monsters on you. But it also help to train the fire realm skill.

2. I'm like you, I finished the game now but I found out that the Bishop is actually the best spell caster. Priest isn't really good fighter and his spells are just not enough to make this class nice. Only the spell Pray skill is good to get some cash at the start (asuming you use the last patch were pickpocketing is doomed). Many hybrid classes cast spells as well and can archive at a longer run an as good level as a spell caster with the bonus of being good might units. The bishop on the other hand is slow to develop be become an even more powerful character then any other spell caster.

3. Resting, some items with SP regeneration, Magic Nectar and over all: Mana Stones. The last one are I think the most powerfull mana restoration objects you can find. They provide infinite mana regeneration.
Old 03-06-2002, 08:10 AM   #4
Warhammer
Baaz Draconian

SPOILER about magic regeneration
There is a fountain in Trynton that instantly regenerates spellpoints for all your characters. Once two of your characters have portal spells you should not worry about spellpoint regenerations and sleeping anymore.

--------------------

Magic is a treacherous mistress.
Old 03-06-2002, 08:25 AM   #5
Crazy Tuvok
Welcomed New User

Cool. Thanks. I think I will keep the party I have with only the two "pure" casters (mage and Priest). The only reason I took the priest over the bishop was that I thought he could lend some frontline support. With the first party I tried, he was nothing more than auxiliary. However , I kept all the same memebers, except I ditched my Psionic for a Ranger (who is worth imo if for no other reason than the incredibly cool arrow sound and her truly WICKED skill with a bow - i find it more satisfying than a sowrd strike when she blows some critter to pieces.)

This second time thru (well thru the beginning anyway - still have never finished the monastery) my Priest is somehow absolutely wailing on foes in melee. Oddly, I thouhgt I was developing him more as a spellcaster than a fighter - but...

I also tend to keep party memebers (or create them as the case may be) based on what they are like. I really like my Rawulf Priest (an unbeleivably arrogant, supercilious snob). I get a real kick out of his aloofness and superiority.

Thanks, I am glad to know I can keep this party - I really like them.

It is really nice to be playing a game that lets you play it the way you want as opposed to forcing you into class decision (a need two fighters , two mages blah blah blah). Tho I am early into the game, it is thus far shaping up to be the best CRPG I have ever played (except for Torment). Didn't think Fallout would ever get dethroned.
Old 03-06-2002, 01:07 PM   #6
GenXCub
Drow Warrior

"The only reason I took the priest over the bishop was that I thought he could lend some frontline support"

Just to address this issue. in Wiz 8 Priests and Bishops use the same items. Priests are not D&D Clerics. They're almost as wimpy as Mages and Alchemists when it comes to fighting, the only thing they have over Bishops is the pray ability... Bishops can still turn undead.
Old 03-06-2002, 07:00 PM   #7
Wolfie
Zhentarim Guard

Crazy Tuvok, the information in the signature below might be of interest to you.

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Visit [url]\"http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.foerster.cc/wolfie</a> or [url]\"http://wiz8.web1000.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://wiz8.web1000.com</a> (US) for a spreadsheet that allows you to enter in your spellcaster\'s stats, and it will tell you what spells the character can learn, or for spells that they are not yet able to learn, it will tell you how many points they need, or why your character can\'t learn the spell.
Wolfie is offline   Reply With Quote