Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-16-2001, 08:47 AM   #1
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

after quite a few days of thought, blind rage settled down, sanity began to take control

what Saddam said is dangerously true. should Americans or western world react to the attack by violence, there will be an unstopping war waging between the mideast and the west.

I always thought if we find who did this, we can bring the problem to a quick end, no, I am wrong. this is THE fruit produced by western policy. the hatred that was planted long time ago in mideast is now laboring its offspring. and because of that, no wonders why Palestanes laughed and danced on top of american corpses. whoever did this is now inconsequential, as we all must focus on how to find a long term solution

some patrists might stand up and struck down my comments, for they, know no fear. and their righteous angers are directed by their love for their people and country. have you thought about it? there are maybe just as many patrists in mideast as there are in america? those man are probally called "terroists" in our terminology

we should not react violence to violence at this time, this is the critical moment of human history. a wrong step might lead to the sufferings of many many generations on both side, and worse, produce a never ending conflict, until one is driven to extiction.

it is not the time for bashing either side about who is right or who is wrong. this is the time for peace, for talk, for future of billions of people's welbeing. if one looks hard enough, he will find the answer. both side should cool down and starts thinking from their people's benifits, though this has rarely been done.

I will pray to God, and so should you

[This message has been edited by 250 (edited 09-16-2001).]
Old 09-16-2001, 08:54 AM   #2
Lifetime
Red Dragon

In terms of Saddam..
His War to end All Wars was more like shooting fish in a very big sandy barrel..

But back to you 250

------------------
Proud to be American
Old 09-16-2001, 08:57 AM   #3
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Lifetime:
In terms of Saddam..
His War to end All Wars was more like shooting fish in a very big sandy barrel..

But back to you 250

his War to End All Wars is more like the fire in yellow stone park, it will never end
Old 09-16-2001, 09:08 AM   #4
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

and also, it is VERY hard to ignore the economy facts

when a country is running by rich men, you cannot really make decisions based on majority's wishing

if America fails to retaliates, its economy WILL go down, and with possibly trillions of dollars losing.

so the money says :" retaliate! retaliate!"

and people say :" vengence! vengence!"

that is enough of insanity
Old 09-16-2001, 02:34 PM   #5
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by 250:
[B]
what Saddam said is dangerously true. should Americans or western world react to the attack by violence, there will be an unstopping war waging between the mideast and the west.

B]
Well said, 250! That's what the terrorists want, that America responds in a blind rage, and starts carpet bombing Afghanistan, Iraq etc. Then war breaks out in earnest, and how many millions will die?

But Colin Powell seems pretty level headed, hopefully his will be a strong voice of reason. He's already said that legal, diplomatic, financial and other efforts against the terrorists may be just as effective as military force. So, let's hope for the best.

------------------
Old 09-16-2001, 03:50 PM   #6
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
after quite a few days of thought, blind rage settled down, sanity began to take control

I always thought if we find who did this, we can bring the problem to a quick end, no, I am wrong. this is THE fruit produced by western policy. the hatred that was planted long time ago in mideast is now laboring its offspring. and because of that, no wonders why Palestanes laughed and danced on top of american corpses. whoever did this is now inconsequential, as we all must focus on how to find a long term solution

I hope everyone, when they have cooled down a little, will arrive at the same conclusion, 250.
What is needed now is to ask ourselves WHY people hate the West so much, so that we can take steps redress the wrongs they feel they have suffered at our hands. It takes a lot of hate on their part to do what they did. It will take a lot of courage on OUR part to find out where we went wrong.
Which is not to say that that those who originated this attack should not be brought to JUSTICE - not war, JUSTICE.

------------------

Old 09-16-2001, 08:38 PM   #7
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Quote:
Originally posted by Fast Hands:
I agree, Fljotsdale! Something should be done to bring them to JUSTICE, not just blow them to smitherines and start a long war.

there is no justice

the justice in our world is the devil worship in another

we should not measure our move by JUSTICE

instead, we learn Muslim justice, and see what we can possibly exploit
Old 09-16-2001, 10:52 PM   #8
Ryanamur
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
there is no justice

the justice in our world is the devil worship in another

we should not measure our move by JUSTICE

Well said, what we consider just is not just by there standards. We are dealing with a clash of philosophy. We can debate all we want about bringing the terrorists to justice but who's justice. In another tread, I mentionned that bringing one terrorist to be tried by our system would have the same effect as going after them to eliminate them. They would become martyr for the simple fact that the will of the Occidental society is imposed on them.

What's the solution. Definately not to carpet bomb the Middle East or any nation that harbour terrorists. Taking out the terrorist and supportive government sugicaly would be a far better solution. Of course, regardless of our actions, we can rest assured that those terrorists strikes will continue. Most likely not limited to attacks on America but spread to the whole of Western civilization.

Ironicaly, the blunt of it will be directed to the US as they are blamed for imposing their will on global diplomacy (especially in the Middle East). The fact is, most of those problem should not be attributed to past US policies but rather to England, France and other European nation during the age of Colonialisation. That's when the seeds where planted for this conflict as far as I'm concerned.

------------------
If I am because I think, then, if I talk without thinking, I'm not really talking! Am I?
Old 09-16-2001, 11:09 PM   #9
Liliara
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:

some patrists might stand up and struck down my comments, for they, know no fear. and their righteous angers are directed by their love for their people and country. have you thought about it? there are maybe just as many patrists in mideast as there are in america? those man are probally called "terroists" in our terminology

we should not react violence to violence at this time, this is the critical moment of human history. a wrong step might lead to the sufferings of many many generations on both side, and worse, produce a never ending conflict, until one is driven to extiction.

it is not the time for bashing either side about who is right or who is wrong. this is the time for peace, for talk, for future of billions of people's welbeing. if one looks hard enough, he will find the answer. both side should cool down and starts thinking from their people's benifits, though this has rarely been done.

I will pray to God, and so should you

I'm sorry 250, but I disagree. I'm not speaking from hotheadedness. (that's out of my system for now) I am simply going by the past. We have tried to resolve this in different ways before. We even have one of the perps of the first bombing of the WTC behind bars. What happened? He may be linked to having a hand in this attack.

It's a mistake to think that if we don't retaliate, no more Americans will die! If it IS Bin Laden, which it probably is, he is just going to plan something like this again, if not worse! If we retaliate, yes, more Americans may die, and probably will. We at least will be making a move to erraticate them from the face of the Earth though.

The people who have done this have already waged war on us even in undeniable words if it is Bin Laden.

In essence, if we don't retaliate, we will lose more lives. If we do, we will lose more lives, but, have the possability of getting rid of terrorism.

These are the sacrifices of war.

------------------

Captain of Bouncers, Boogre Bar

LH Member

And you never did think that it ever would happen again, in America did you? And you never did think that we'd ever get together again, but we damn sure fooled ya. We're walkin' real proud and we're talkin' real loud again, in America. And you never did think that it ever would happen again.... (Charlie Daniels)

[This message has been edited by Liliara (edited 09-16-2001).]