Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2000, 02:30 PM   #1
sertiu

I can't find the Ring of Saints in the secret room of F’lokis. There are only a scroll and a potion in the table.

Old 10-17-2000, 07:48 PM   #2
h0bbit

The elevator that you ride to get to the room, you can ride on top of it too.

Old 10-17-2000, 08:19 PM   #3
Mr.Blue

It's under the table.

Old 10-18-2000, 04:47 AM   #4
Mindless

I have a strange feeling that ring wasn't under the table the first time I was in the Crypt..I think it appeared after I got the Ring of Saints quest in the temple...I had the same problem with the Sword of Mastus...Hmmm...

Old 10-18-2000, 09:37 AM   #5
Caseman

I had the same problem.. You must have the quest before the ring the shows up.. Doesn't make a lot of sense to me, but there it is

Old 10-18-2000, 01:59 PM   #6
Mindless

That's quite sick...Phew!...

Old 10-18-2000, 05:45 PM   #7
Altean

Actually it makes sense to put quest items only if you have got quest. It makes game more difficult. If you are more action related you can just come to dungeon and clear everything, loot everything and go to town and finish several quests in one 2 minutes just going to guilds and giving away your items you found and didn't know for what it is useful. That's why I guess Bradley did this quest items spawn after you get quest.
1.) More time spent in smaller location so game will last you longer
2.) More looking for NPC and talking with them and game will get more real and funny

Anyway not all quest items spawn after you get quest. Like Algamesh talisman. I found it in crypt and my mage wore it because it had nice stats. Then I found lady who wanted this necklace, BUT I got nothing for it, just hint for quest. So some quests are more important and items appear after starting quest, some quests are just additional and you can find items even before you start quest.

Old 10-19-2000, 04:46 AM   #8
Mindless

I agree with you in some points, but still think things like that don't really make much sense...I like games with a "glimmer of real life" in them, though it's hard to follow that pattern in a fantasy world...But still there sure is a difference between "picking up a car, putting it in your pocket and using it on a chirping monkey" type of puzzles ("objects randomly materializing in faraway lands after your cousin's best friend mentioned them" sound quite the same), and...Hmmm...Let's just say it's not such a big deal after all..

Old 10-19-2000, 11:55 AM   #9
Caseman

I have to disagree. Had I not read the posts about where the ring was, I never would have found it, since I thoughrly searched every area I was in. Once I got the quest I never would have gone back up there, since I had already been there and cleaned it out. In some situations it makes sense.. but Items just apperaing cause someone told you about them.... I don't see it