Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 09-13-2002, 06:51 PM   #1
abtuse
Welcomed New User

I finally made it to the deepest part of Fell Woods, now I cannot kill any of the three spirit lights, I have tried all weapons and spells at my disposal????

They keep killing my entire party no matter what weapon or spell I use?
abtuse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 07:32 PM   #2
Magness
Quintesson

Your weapons may need to be magical. They may need to be made of a certain type. I just know that I had no real trouble taking them out.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2002, 08:18 PM   #3
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Hmmm well anytime one of the Will 'o wisps disappears take advantage to throw a quick heal spell. Try to concentrate on one, and when it disappears concentrate on a second then back to the first when it comes back. They arent vulnerable to many spells, try magic missile though. Anyway good luck
Old 09-13-2002, 11:19 PM   #4
Kalak
The Magister

Are you damaging them at all? It seems I was hitting them just fine with two Maces +2, where one does fire and the other corrosive...all of it seemed to work. Don't remember if my missile weapons worked though.
Old 09-13-2002, 11:27 PM   #5
Case00
Manshoon

if you have the time, really try to go back to the Battle Squares in the ice temple. It's fairly easy to beat them all (at least it was for me on "normal") and you can outfit at least 3 guys with +4 and above weapons, not to mention other serious goodies.
Case00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2002, 01:30 AM   #6
Northraven
Manshoon

I beat them with +1 and +2 weapons. The trick is to focus all of your attacks on one of the creatures at a time and don't follow them when they teleport away from you, use that time to heal anyone who is seriously wounded. Another tactic that really helped me to beat that fight was to have my cleric and mage cast protection from electricity on all members of the party. The extra resistance it granted cut down on the damage I suffered quite a lot. Also, keep in mind that the Will 'O Wisps have good spell resistance, so just discharge all your magic missles into them and then have your mage pick away from afar with a missle weapon. My wizard had improved spell penetration and she still wasn't getting through those things' spell resistance more than 25% of the time.
\"Before the world was bent but after the great contagion, there was a civilization built in the image of the First Age. It sought to emulate the splendor of the bygone Golden Age, but it was in all ways less. It was a time of sorcery and heroism, of fabulous wonders and treacherous betrayals. Ruled by a decadent empire, it slipped inch by inch into barbarism and darkness, until one last cataclysm blotted it out forever. Yet, in it\'s sunset, it was a splendid thing, and glorious were the deeds of the Exalted.\"<br /><br />[url]\"http://www.sloganizer.net/en/\" target=\"_blank\"> [img]\"http://www.sloganizer.net/en/style7,Severed-spc-Fist.png\" alt=\" - \" /></a>
Northraven is offline   Reply With Quote