Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2004, 11:57 PM   #1
morningstar
The Magister

Letter

Has anyone ever wondered why it is always day in the villages when it is night outside? I do not remember this topic being discussed. What are your thoughts?
Old 06-26-2004, 01:01 AM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I always felt that the mages throughout the Gael Serran, in cooperation with the local merchants, had cast spells to ensure that it was always light enough to be able to buy something... anything... whatever you needed. Sure, the tavern owners complained for a bit, but when they realized it meant there would never be a last call and their hours of earning would span a full day... well, let's just say that they thanked the wizards as well
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2004, 06:52 AM   #3
bsftcs
Red Dragon

You have never been tree surfing, I gather? If you ever climb atop one of the town gates and look down on the other side, you will notice that there is no town at all.

The Gael Serran is truly a special and magical place, as Kerielle says. In fact it is so special that the three strips of land, on which the towns are situated, float above the planet in the opposite direction of the planet’s rotation. That is why they always get the sun. When one enters through a town gate one gets a ”loading” sign which is only there to obscure the fact that one is being teleported elsewhere. [img]smile.gif[/img]

It was not until the invention of tree surfing we discovered that. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 06-26-2004, 06:52 AM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 06-27-2004, 10:16 AM   #4
morningstar
The Magister

Great answers guys! Hadn't thought about the magic aspect, and yes I have tried tree surfing but didn't manage it very well. The thought that the taverns might enjoy the 24 hours trade was well thought out! Yes, I do like the thought of being transported elsewhere, and the thought of the villages being above the planet is a good one. The idea of them rotating anti-clockwise might be against the laws of quantum physics but with magic anything is possible. Has anyone killed that serpent priest at the beginning of the game? You know, the one that asks where Gareth is? I was wondering if he stayed alive would anything be different? I have never managed it though.
Old 06-27-2004, 10:37 AM   #5
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Once you have completed the game three or four times with the same party your characters will be strong enough to kill the traveller right at the beginning of the game. He drops a spellbook and a few other things that one does not need when one has already built up a powerful party. It does not change much, though... Gareth dies anyway.

Spoilers...

I do not know whether you have ever had an assassin in the game - but if you get an assassin a special assissin quest will be available in the pawn shop. In that quest you have to kill Grue Morde. And it turns out that he is in fact the mysterious traveller that one meets in the beginning and who kills Gareth. But even if you have killed him in the beginning he still respawns if one of your characters become an assassin during the game.

[ 06-27-2004, 10:40 AM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 06-27-2004, 08:05 PM   #6
BEES
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I tried to attack him but he just tells you to stop
Old 06-28-2004, 03:00 AM   #7
morningstar
The Magister

Wow, thanks for the info especially about the assasin quest, must try it. I forgot you can reset the game and start with the same characters at the levels you have acquired. I will restart again. It would give one satisfaction to kill that horrid serpent guy!
Old 06-28-2004, 03:01 AM   #8
morningstar
The Magister

Bees, notice you too are from Australia. What state are you in?
Old 06-28-2004, 10:43 AM   #9
bsftcs
Red Dragon

And might I add that Grue Morde is easy to kill with a beginner party when one encounters him during the assassin quest. The only reason why a strong party is needed to kill him at the beginning of the game is that he starts disappearing when one starts attacking him. That is why it is important to hit him with all the heavy spells very quickly.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:29 PM   #10
aleph_null

Not to mention that he's worth about 33k, which is a lot of XP that early in the game (in comparison, the salads are only 14.5k a piece, and Elyssia's just short of 13k).