Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 01-26-2002, 08:09 PM   #1
Darkman

[POSIBLE SPOILERS REGARDING DRIZZT DO'URDEN]

I had never killed him before, or even tried to fight him for that matter. But seeing how my current party is mostly evil (Monty, Vicky, Shar-teel, & Imoen), I could not pass up the opportunity, and what better way to lower a fast-increasing reputation? [img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

My first two attempts met with utter disaster. My party members were clvl 4-6 and all had pretty nice stuff for their level. I had Shar-teel decked out in full plate armor, ring of protection +1, large shield +1, gauntlets of dexterity, helm of infravision, and large sword +2. Before the fight I summoned some hobgoblins and skeletons to act as fodder while my party stood back using ranged weapons. Drizzt cut through the skeletons in a matter of seconds and I was forced to send in Shar-teel to stop him since the hobgoblins refused to budge. Drizzt immediately decimated my prized fighter in tiny Shar sized chunks and then went after my PC, who happens to be a mage. Reload. On my next attempt I summoned wolves instead of the hobgoblins and they did a little bit better as fodder, giving my party a chance to at least hit Drizzt a few times before he whiped us all out. Reload. On my third try I decided to be ultra cheesy. I had Monty hide in shadows and direct the skeletons to lead Drizzt to the edge of the lake. Drizzt happily finished off the skeletons but unfortunately for him he now happened to be in range of my party who waited for him on the other side of the bank. About 10-15 minutes later Drizzt lay dead on the shore. Ironically, it was a sling shot from a fellow Drow elf that ended Drizzt's life!

Sorting through Drizzt's awesome gear wasn't as satisfying as I thought it would be. Resorting to such cheap tactics really takes the feeling of accomplishment out of it. But, I needed to lower my rep and my party got a nice XP boost and some neat items out of it. All in all, it was probably worth the effort, but t'ain't nuthin to brag 'bout. My question though is what are the consequences of my actions, of killing the famous hero Drizzt Do'Urden? I plan on taking my mage all the way through BG2. Will this murder come back to haunt me in some way? [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]
Old 01-26-2002, 08:39 PM   #2
Darkman

Almost forgot. In my fight vs. Drizzt, how come whenever I hit Drizzt on critical hits (which was about the only time I hit him heh), he would only take regular damage because "critical hit averted by helmet"... even though Drizzt doesn't even wear a helmet?? [img]graemlins/1ponder.gif[/img]
Old 01-27-2002, 08:31 AM   #3
Sorcerer Alex

Killing Drizzt wont have any further effect on the game. And certainly not in BG II (he does make a brief appearance in SoA). He's able to avert critical hits because of his 'defender' scimitar. Either that or it's his 'mithril chainmail' that does it. I am unsure.
Old 01-27-2002, 09:33 AM   #4
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

I won't spoil you but I do feel I should alert you that if you import the same character(s) into BG2 fighting Drizzt DOES have consequences in BG2!