Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 06-30-2008, 07:56 PM   #11
Ivelliis
Gold Dragon

Default Re: WoW Auction Houses

The latest (ish) money sink was the 5000g epic flying mount skill. Pre-Burning Crusade the thought of 1000g was a lot, now just having the game back not even a week I've acquired ~1200g just from levelling.

Did buy a recipe for Haste Potion, worth 500-700g says auctioneer, for 5g. Think I might keep it though...hmm.

I'm on Earthen Ring EU, and there actually isn't that much RP going on (it's an RP server, before RP/PVP was available). You get a lot less people saying things like "lol" and smiley faces in /say channels, but to find RP you really need a guild or a large friend list of RPers. Horde is stereotypically "better at roleplaying", but due to the huge ratio difference (or at least there was) it's much harder to find than alliance, where you can see roleplay, good bad and ugly, just walking around Stormwind.
Old 07-02-2008, 12:02 AM   #12
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

The Sunwell dailies have made prices skyrocket. Low level materials are selling for outrageous amounts because these are alts being levelled by people funding them with level 70 toons who can earn over 100g in an hour of farming repeatable daily quests on Sunwell.

I blew a bunch of money on flasks for raiding and other goods and sundries, so now that I'm below 5k gold on my main toon I'll start farming the daily quests again.
Old 07-02-2008, 09:27 AM   #13
Lavindathar
Harper

I sit at 4k on my main, with another 500g or so scattered across my 9 alts.

Flasks and stuff cost money, especially as my shammy isnt high enough to get my herbs yet.

But I've got everything in game I need, such as epic flying etc, normal flying on my 70 alt.

So its just a case of earning money to raid!
Old 07-03-2008, 01:18 PM   #14
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Arrow Re: WoW Auction Houses

I'm depending heavily on players with "disposable" income to spare to buy my potions. The thing about potions is that it is a consumable, and can never be retrieved once used. So the demand for high-end potions is always there, because the usage is always there.

Stuff like Swiftness Potions sell for obscene prices and has caused the value of Briarthorn and Swiftthistle to skyrocket into the Great Beyond. Blackmouth Oil is also pricey due to it being an ingredient in the recipe for the Free Action Potions.

I have even started to "play" the market and utilise the concept of buying low and selling high. With new players logging in regularly, it is not unusual to suddenly see herbs being sold cheap. I can then buyout these herbs and laugh all the way to the bank when I resell them for profit, either directly, or indirectly through alchemy.

I'm not sitting on hundreds of gold yet because of my "ethical" pricing, but the reality is, if I wanted to, and I seriously put my mind to farming a few selected herbs and fishes. I can easily earn at least a thousand gold within 24 hours.

Cheers.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 02:40 PM   #15
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

In other words, you have discovered WoW's noble economy

Be careful with excessive buying out and reselling, this can actually get you a suspension as it falls under the compromising realm economy. I am not talking about a few buyouts though, for example people sometimes buyout the whole market of Copper Ore, then the resell it all at an obscene price, all the while buying out any new ones that do not meet their price criteria. For that, Blizz can intervene. Especially if you are gouging those prices as they get complaints from other players. It happens alot more now due to epic mount money also.
Old 07-03-2008, 10:35 PM   #16
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Q : Does auctioneer tells you what items are currently being sold in AH?
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2008, 10:37 PM   #17
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Bottomscanner does, and that is usually packaged with Auctioneer as it can be intergrated into it. It is a "live" scanner and auctions will pop up as they're made.

Last edited by SpiritWarrior; 07-03-2008 at 10:39 PM.
SpiritWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2008, 08:54 AM   #18
Lavindathar
Harper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiritWarrior View Post
For that, Blizz can intervene.

I would like to see where the rules state this.

AFAIK, you can do what you like with the AH.

I know people on 50k+gold, they just trade the AH all day long.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:09 AM   #19
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

It's there, happend to me once. I got hit with a 6 hr suspension on my AH alt about a year ago for this reason. Trust me I was as shocked as anyone that the AH wasn't my tool of ultimate cash anymore. They have new economy rules since I think 1 + year ago.

These people you know may not be breaking the rules, you can still buyout and resell on the AH or be pretty much ruthless and not break any economy rules, but when it becomes an issue for other people you'll get reported. Don't we all have farmers who will buy out all the low lvl herbs or armor and resell it at a god-forsaken price? That is AH monopolisation which falls under exploiting the economy now. Along with gold selling, buying. I will find the official page for you when I get a chance.
Old 07-04-2008, 11:24 AM   #20
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Well I dug out the email they sent me, ( kept it as a grim momento) and noticed that they section 5 part C in the TOS. It's quite vague but like I said this is what they do now.

Quote:
This is a notification regarding the World of Warcraft account XXXXXXXXXXXXXX. Access to this account has been temporarily disabled for exploitation of the World of Warcraft economy or for being associated to accounts which have been closed for intended exploitation. Based on a review of the information presented, this World of Warcraft account has been given a warning and 8 hour account suspension, in addition to any previous warnings issued. Until the suspension has been lifted, the account will not be accessible. Please note that Blizzard Entertainment will be unable to provide further information regarding the specific time an account will become accessible again.

This action has been taken in accordance with the Terms of Use (http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/legal/termsofuse.html) and our game policies (http://www.blizzard.com/support/wowgm/?id=agm01712p). According to the World of Warcraft Terms of Use, to which all players agree when installing World of Warcraft, Section 5, Paragraph C [Rules Related to Game Play] states that you may not do anything that Blizzard Entertainment considers contrary to the "essence" of World of Warcraft. Be aware that any additional inappropriate actions may result in the permanent closure of the account.