Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2007, 08:28 PM   #141
vesselle
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by JrKASperov:
No it was obviously Diablo, but the style of it reminded me of Arcanum. [img]smile.gif[/img] For instance, compare the lower menus. Good to see you are playing (probably enjoying) two of Troika's three excellent games(saw you were playing Bloodlines).
i'm actually playing all three. have a game going in TOEE also. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 07-22-2007, 10:37 PM   #142
vesselle
Hathor

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:

Kakero, feel free to PM me or start an email dialog on W&W. I've been running it on XP for several years now, I think... a long time, in any case. I know we took a look at it a while back, but it can work... honest!
noooooo! don't pm or email... please!
start a new post for running W&W on XP *begs* i'd love to be able to replay W&W.
Old 07-25-2007, 08:31 AM   #143
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

I'm actually testing out the demo for GODS: Lands of Infinity. It's a turn-based RPG. It's actually very good fort he most part!

You can they it out here:
http://www.strategyfirst.com/en/game...ndsOfInfinity/

How do you do that where the "here" becomes the actual link?
Old 07-25-2007, 09:04 AM   #144
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Wii: Resident Evil 4
PC: Oblivion, Doom 3
GC: Metroid Prime
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2007, 09:09 PM   #145
Luther
Manshoon

Just finished Ultima Underworld after having it sit on my shelf for twelve years. About to make a start on Ultima Underworld 2...
Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 05:50 PM   #146
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Jaradu:
Wii: Resident Evil 4
PC: Oblivion, Doom 3
GC: Metroid Prime
I just finished Doom on the xbox, it was great, not to mention on of the scariests games I've played.

But right now I playing the single player campaign on Prey for the 360, with some Gears of War and Halo 2 sprinkled in for xbox live.
Old 07-27-2007, 06:44 PM   #147
Kazilan
Elminster

Mahjong Solitaire Champion
Finally bought rome total war and the expansion barbarian invasion. Hordes keep showing up in my lands, its a little ridiculous. Lucky for me the Huns decided to just keep going and attack the romans. Stinkin Romans!
Old 07-27-2007, 10:24 PM   #148
Jaradu
Silver Dragon

Bloody Pingu Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Balintherlas:
I just finished Doom on the xbox, it was great, not to mention on of the scariests games I've played.

But right now I playing the single player campaign on Prey for the 360, with some Gears of War and Halo 2 sprinkled in for xbox live.
Coincidentally, I recently just finished my second run-through of Prey. Looks like we both have a soft spot for FPSs! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Prey is fantastic, the gravity wrapping/flipping and portals are reason enough to play the game, but I really enjoyed the storyline as well.

Doom on the other hand... It's not that I don't like it - in fact, I love it for some old-fashioned shotgun-to-the-face slaughterfest - it's just that the game lost a lot of its intensity for me about halfway through the game. In the first half, zombies and demons are seemingly very carefully placed for that shock-factor and are given specific animations like breaking through the stairs you're walking up (God, that part made me jump!) or a corpse dropping off a ledge just as you approach it. In the later parts, however, the developers seemed to resort simply to just having enemies spontaneously teleport into the room, which felt a bit lazy. Of course, it's hard to top Doom 3 for some fun zombie splattering, but for a 'scary' game, I personally prefer F.E.A.R., and for storyline I'd say Halflife 2 or Prey.

Gears of War looks great as well, what's your opinion on it? I've heard that the general consensus from the 360'ers is very positive, so I'm eagerly awaiting the PC version's release. [img]smile.gif[/img]

On topic, I reckon I'm approaching the end of Oblivion, so I'm thinking of buying Morrowind tomorrow.
Jaradu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 01:09 AM   #149
Balintherlas
Symbol of Cyric

Yea, I haven't beat Prey yet, but man its frickin cool. Ah Gears is an awesome game, the multiplayer is one of the best I've ever played and the single player is great too, the storyline is great too. So all in all, a great game. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 07-28-2007, 07:38 PM   #150
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I've been playing Zork for fun. Little ancient text game, where you type commands. It's fun, but I got eaten several times by a Grue.
EDIT - spelling

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote