Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2001, 04:43 PM   #21
Lily the Ranger

I would go out and purchase this game all over again. I am playing it twice and will always keep it in my library (usually, I pass them on to my kids, as once I have played I am done). Here is a game I can dream in. A story. I am not boxed in by levels and stats, but going along in my game, creating my party as I go. I beg you, give us another. Don't let those who are easily disillusioned discourage you. Those of us you will hear from in this petition are just a mere fraction of people who have enjoyed the game. I am sure, many other series may have started out with a first game that was a bit buggy, but persevered on to create another, and finally, went on to create epics enjoyed by many. Come look at our forum or (if you feel the way I do about searching) ASK US! Most of us will gladly be your market research guinea pigs (quiet Boo), if you will reward us with a WW2. We know you can't please everyone! PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, try once more. I really want another! But, please, NO BLASTERS! And a few charming fellows wouldn't hurt either.
Old 02-01-2001, 08:33 PM   #22
Elara
The Magister

Immersive environment and storyline, advanced class roles and leveling, intricate spell system, aggressive AI, lots of inventory, and those little details like birds, butterflies, glowflies actually interacting with the environment (windmill liberating a butterfly! *splut*), Wizards and Warriors has some great touches. I would buy the sequel the minute it was available. Hoping the postive responses here in this thread will encourage the folks at Heuristic Park to take up the banner to produce a Wizards and Warriors II, yes, yes, yessss!

Some of the things I'd like to see included in a sequel are:

Clock
Compass
Camping on the road
Inn for resting in town
Stores/guilds in subsequent towns with new and better grade inventory rather than a repeat of items.
Quickspells
Option to escape excessive dialogue without losing the point of it..

Thank you HP for all your efforts, past, present and future. We applaud your creativity and hard work!

Elara
Elara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2001, 09:53 PM   #23
Lord Roberts

Well its my turn to pickup the BATON.

I've over looked this game so many times, and then decided to try it and I was hooked.

I've played many rpg game like ultima, wizardry, d&d, and more and find like others I can't get enough.

I love the way you made the underwater setup, It's neet to be able to walk underwater and fight sharks and turtles, and the look so real.

PLEASE BRING OUT WW2, I WANT IT TO.

WE I'LL PASS ON THE BATON.
Old 02-03-2001, 12:01 AM   #24
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Okay, all...when do we want to call a halt on this and send what we have to HPI? We've got 25 responses so far. I propose that we let this run until Midnight tonight (Friday) GMT and then one of us (Wyvern, Balgin, Lily, myself, whoever wants to) submit this to HPI, either "sending as a page" or copy and pasting into an e-mail.

Any seconds on the proposal?

-Saz
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2001, 12:33 AM   #25
Moni

A good idea Saz...I'll let you more experienced folk handle the details but want to offer the suggestion that you let them know that this thread was only here for four days...to get this many good responses from so few who are/were actual members of this forum should say alot about its popularity!
: )
Moni
Old 02-03-2001, 01:05 AM   #26
Lily the Ranger

Any one else want more?
Old 02-03-2001, 01:48 AM   #27
Nancy

I have really enjoyed playing W & W and hope to see a W & W 2 sometime in the near future. I have been playing RPG's for about 15 years and I do have to say that this game is definetly one of the top ten on my list. My suggestion would be to be able to advance in the elite roles (valkyrie,zenmaster) a little sooner in the game. By the time you can advance to these roles the game is almost over. Some people like to continue to go out and fight, but I on the other hand am finished with a game when my last quest is completed and have never played any RPG twice. Thank you for your time and I hope to see W & W 2 soon.
Old 02-03-2001, 01:57 AM   #28
maggy

Count me in bottth me and DH have been well and truly hooked. Would love to see a follow on.
Old 02-03-2001, 02:20 AM   #29
maxpower

Maybe this is to early to add my two penneth. I will be finnishing the game for the first whole time through in the next few days. I have played without the patch and have suffered minor problems from this. This hasn't really spoilt the game as such because of the good on going story to it, which has kept me avidly interested all the way through. At time in the game I thought that it would have been to hard , had I not been using the money cheat. But at getting to Brimlock Roon, I realised that this was probably down to my lack of experience with CRPG/RPG games, the game had proggresed at a good rate as everything comes together at the end and makes for an exciting finale.

After playing this game I will be trying other CRPG games and am looking forward to the Wizardry 8 that I have heard is coming soon. I hope that there is a W&W 2 or some sort of sequel based on the same game engine as I'm sure that the amount of information that is available now from this forum and other sources that most if not all bugs can be fixed.

I'm not going to rant and rave as to what should be in sequel to W&W as everyone has done it before me and the makers of the game know what the people want.

Lots of people complain about there not being enough different characters and foes in the game, but please remember that the game makers are restricted by the fact that the more characters there are in the game the bigger the install will be.

HP know what they should do and lets just hope they listen to such publications as this forum and make a bigger and better game than W&W.

Gary Bowring... (first time RPG'r now addicted thanks to W&W)
Old 02-03-2001, 07:56 PM   #30
Mammawlin

I LOVE this game! I bought it for my daughter while visiting her in California recently and now she is hooked too. I bought her one because I want to keep mine since I am not quite finished with it, and like others, will play it over again - for the first time ever. I would definately buy a WW2 without any reservations. I don't care if it has bugs or same old same old monsters - I would buy it and reccommend it to anyone who asked for a good game to play. Please oh please oh please make another one. And even if you don't, thank you for making this game. I have gotten very much entertainment from it and have met a GREAT bunch of folks at this forum.