Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2001, 05:38 PM   #1
Dwarf

Right, I would like to see a nice, brand spanking new, Wizards and Warriors style game (maybe implementing a proper turn based system or doing away with it entirely, I got fed up of the monsters that weren't fighting me walking around behind me whilst I aimed at bats).Hopefully some improvements could be made (I've made my opinions fairly clear on this but am happy to leave it to the designers).

Well, come on people, I don't know how to start a petition but we could all sign this and do a cut and paste or something, so line up those answers, I want to see a long thread here.
Old 01-31-2001, 05:48 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

I want to see W&W 2!!!!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 05:51 PM   #3
Tarweed

I would buy a WW2 and encourage the developers to make one.
Short wish list:
1) a clock;
2) rest/camp (I don't like the long nights);
3) puzzles that have a logical solution, not just guessing at random;
4) faster load times (why does it take so long to unload a game?);
5 a world you can roam freely, not just take the paths; and more varied
terrain/vegetation;
6) ID skill should be obtainable sooner and/or the cost of IDing something
more reasonable;
Old 01-31-2001, 05:55 PM   #4
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Being as I am one of the ones who initiated the idea of a petition (in one of the posts down the way), I'd like to officially add my name to this list, and propose the following format: that we each give a testimonial as to why we enjoyed the game and would like to see more of it.

My contribution:

Dear HPI: As a mature gamer, I found Wizards and Warriors to be a welcome title in an industry populated by CRPG's that are little more than action-wannabes. Although the game has a few bugs (which one doesn't anymore?), the overall play was enjoyable and reminiscent of the Wizardry series, of which I am a veteran player. It has come to the attention of several of us that you may be deterred by harsh criticism of making another game in this series. I for one would consider this a tragedy, and would ask that you look further into the matter, as there does exist a loyal fan base for your game. As far as I am concerned, Wizards & Warriors is an excellent game and we definitely want to see more of its type. Even though we may be a niche market, it is a niche that should not be overlooked.

Respectfully submitted,

Paris Soulier (Sazerac)

All right, I pass the baton on to the next one.
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 06:06 PM   #5
skywalker
Banned User

I have been quoted somewhere as saying Wizards & Warriors should be RPG of the Year. Whereas this is unlikely, due to some game whose initials are BG2, I still feel the same, now.

I realise that there are many gamers who have bashed this game, elsewhere, and have bashed Heuristic Park, elsewhere. But this is from the Forum of the gamers who support you and this game the most. I (and we I suspect) respectfully implore you to keep this series alive and create a follow up game to W&W.

There is no need to tell you what was wrong or what should be improved, it is quite likely you are already aware of this. Please, just do the best you can and I, for one, will back you 100%!

Thank you for your time.

Mark C. Williams (Skywalker)who passes the baton....
skywalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 06:20 PM   #6
adam mage

I'll even do it in sign language!

looking forward to WW2!
after WW1, I'm addicted! I want more!

my requests:
more exotic mythical animals/people, heck, I'll settle for killer sheep!
useless items disappear when mission's accomplished
an outhouse in each city! there's only one in Valiea!
more interesting weapons.
different shoes.
food
I hear that it needs a better ending: surrounded by cheering people from different cities.
Old 01-31-2001, 07:11 PM   #7
Scronan
Zhentarim Guard

Hello,

I'll take the baton and get on the soap box here. HPI - Please continue your work, this game has so much potential and as you can see, there is a fan base here that enjoyed the game immensely.

Yes, there were some little problems, but the core of the game was very sound, and with a little bit of work (ie a SEQUEL) it could be one of the best games ever made. I'd highly suggest talking to the loyal fans here, and allowing our ideas to help guide you to a sequel and we'd be glad to beta test!

I and many of us have ideas on what should be improved, but that can be discussed later if and when it is needed.

Ok, enough on that, DWB you made a great game, so don't give up because a bunch of immature Quake 3 borne teenagers got made because of a few bugs! I loved Wiz 5,6,7 and WW, so I look forward to more games in this genre.

With that, I'll disappear in the mist for the time being!

Sincerely

E. Ritchie
(Scronan)
Scronan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 07:53 PM   #8
Connla

I hereby place myself on this petition. Pleeeaaaase produce follow ups to Wizards and Warriors!!!

I have encouraged friends to purchase WW and some have. I would do the same for any follow up.

Debra
(Connla)
Old 01-31-2001, 08:10 PM   #9
Barbara
Welcomed New User

I am enjoying the game very much. Yes, I would purchase a sequel. I have NOT
downloaded a patch, and have gotten around the bugs well enough. I did have to kill one innocent toad...,but I remember being irritated enough to have enjoyed it. Did it stop me from playing? Obviously not. Do I want more? Yes please.
Think of a sequel as taking a good game, fixing what went wrong, adding to it, and you may have a masterpiece! You already have customers in line.

Barbara Freeman
Barbara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2001, 08:26 PM   #10
Moni

Taking the baton...

I have not truly enjoyed a game so much since I played "Wizardry 7 Crusaders of the Dark Savant".
Wizards & Warriors with or without the patch was both playable and best of all FUN!
Although I sit here patiently awaiting the release of Wizardry 8, I would LOVE the notion of getting to play a second edition of W&W and would add it to my list of games I would buy (which presently consists soley of Wizardry 8 ).
I know a few fans of this type of CRPG and am sure they too would add it to their libraries.
PLEASE consider a sequel! You have loyal fans and buyers of the game beyond just those of us on this forum who are taking the time to let you know what a great game this has been to play!
Granted, it does need a few slight improvements but overall, none of us will say that we did not enjoy playing it!
: )
Moni

Passing the baton...