Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2005, 02:27 PM   #11
JrKASperov
Fzoul Chembryl

Last term I missed one day per week. Sometimes monday, most often wednesday and sometimes thursday. And I'm looking forward to the second half of my year when I'll be free on fridays and wednesdays. Yay for physics!
Old 11-17-2005, 02:30 PM   #12
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Well Myself, Intrepid and Azeral have some VERY interesting stories about what we did at school when we weren't in class....

But I will wait to see if they want to share

As for just me, on multiple occasions me and another friend skipped a few classes that we were bored with (generally maths and RE) and we would often ride home from school, in fact, one day I even put on my rollerblades before everyone had gone back into class and we just left....
We got back to my place and were pretty happy with our accomplishment. So we rang Intrepid and left a message asking him to call us (his phone was busy) about 20 mins later the phone rang, my friend picked it up and said "hello?" I was looking at him and waiting to see what Intrepid had to say, but then his face went white and he quickly said in some dodgy accent "I think you have the wrong number" and hung up...

Turns out it was our year co-ordinator, and she knew that we had left.....

To cut a long story short, we got caught and we ended up walking back to school and still having to go to RE

We also skipped another day of school to play backyard golf too, but on that day we also discovered how to use my dad's chainsaw..... Which also happened to be not too long after I had gotten a digital camera
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 02:41 PM   #13
Stratos
Vampire

You haven't lived life until you've skipped a class.
Old 11-17-2005, 04:16 PM   #14
Chewbacca
Zartan

I skipped 1st period Typing for nearly an entire semester in 11th grade. I spent the time having coffee and pastry in a nearby cafe. I still suck at typing and never have been able to learn to do it without looking at the keyboard. If only they had let me transfer to a different class, I might have gone.

They didn't catch me for almost 6 months, until 6 weeks into the following semester!?
Old 11-17-2005, 04:45 PM   #15
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I've never skipped a class, yet my marks are still in the "piss poor" range.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2005, 10:42 PM   #16
Winter Wolf
Manshoon

I always skipped my upper level history classes. Well, except for first two weeks, exam days and major paper due days. So went to a total of about 40 hours of history classes over 4 years. Let's see, each class at two hours, twice a week, for four months, times four courses...oh I'd say I went to about 15% of the classes for my history requirements to graduate.

Why would I take so many history classes if I cared about it so little? Because all the interesting history classes were 200 level (ancient histories), while all the modern history (or the "kill me now, please" classes) were 300 level. I needed no 200 levels to graduate, but I think 8 300 levels, plus 400s. This was ironically the only way to get a full education in Japanese language, going roundabout under the guise of a different major, since my dipshit school did not and does not offer a Japanese language major. Otherwise, a different major would have left me no time for Japanese due to schedule conflicts.

Ironically, the one time my history prof (small school, same prof for all my histories!)did not believe I was sick, I had the flu. But I was on the way to Japanese class anyhow. I'd rather crawl on my hands and knees to a language class when it could kill me than stop watching Pinky and the Brain to go to history class. This might have had something to do with the fact that I could put an 'A' effort into a history paper and get a 'D', could put a 'C' effort into history and get a 'C', intentionally try to piss off the prof and get an 'A'! It happened, every time. Come to think of it, the more I showed up in class,the worse my grades got. The darnest thing is that my history prof actually liked me! Or was that pity? She was kind of haughty, even for a professor.
Old 11-17-2005, 11:57 PM   #17
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
I used to skip philosophy quite a bit during the second half of a semester. Usually during the first 6 or 7 weeks all the topics necessary for the assignment were covered, then after that you would only need to know about one more topic to be able to do the take-home exam so if I couldn't be bothered to go, I wouldn't. It's kind of stupid, looking back, considering I took philosophy for pleasure and I didn't actually have anything 'better' to do. Although a lot of my philosophy lectures were at night, which was annoying. I never skipped classes where I couldn't get notes from anyone, like ancient history (which I also really enjoyed so wouldn't have skipped anyway).

I also skipped one class this semester when I knew what we were talking about would be boring and pointless. I would normally NEVER skip classes at this level because it's actually important for me to go and learn stuff about how to treat and assess clients considering I actually have said clients to treat and assess, but we were talking AGAIN about this stupid questionnaire that we're testing and have discussed in multiple classes before. The lecturer made the mistake of telling us the week before that that was what he had on the agenda for the next week - I think the class was fairly sparse that week.

[ 11-18-2005, 12:00 AM: Message edited by: Aelia Jusa ]
Old 11-18-2005, 04:09 AM   #18
Blind_Prophet
Symbol of Cyric

I've skipped so much this semester i already got dropped from class and had to get renstated into class and today i did'nt mean to skip but i fell asleep in my car on break between classes and missed my second class.
Old 11-18-2005, 08:32 AM   #19
Zarr
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Blind_Prophet:
I've skipped so much this semester i already got dropped from class and had to get renstated into class and today i did'nt mean to skip but i fell asleep in my car on break between classes and missed my second class.
Maybe you should change your screen name from Blind_Prophet then, as if you were a Prophet surely you would have seen that coming
Old 11-18-2005, 08:38 AM   #20
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Zarr:
Maybe you should change your screen name from Blind_Prophet then, as if you were a Prophet surely you would have seen that coming
Well, I'm sure that's why he refers to himself as a blind prophet, no?
Grojlach is offline   Reply With Quote