Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 09-04-2001, 12:27 PM   #1
hagimihale
Manshoon

After playing through approximately 35 days and a few quests I decided to restart and take advantage of some of the tricks I have picked up courtesy of this forum. (thanks!) I restarted after I exited Irenicus' dungeon and have chnaged Yoshi for Jan for a change.

I want to pay the 5,000 gold so I can cast magic outside (too many friggin fights at night!). I went to the Govt building and talked to every person in there (I recall a hint that says to talk to Corneil or some such person) but was never given the option to pay them off. What am I missing? Is there a patch for this, or a cheat code?
Old 09-04-2001, 12:42 PM   #2
Vampire

It's there.
There is wizard guy. Closest to you in center as you enter the gov. building.
It depends on your choice of words and possibly stats.

------------------
Old 09-04-2001, 12:42 PM   #3
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

It's not a patch. You talk to a character once you walk inside the main Government building and ask him about Magic use. You have to talk to him a little before he gives the impression you can bribe him.

Seems like I asked a few locals about the Cowled Wizards first and they told me about a guy inside the main building.
Old 09-04-2001, 12:43 PM   #4
Vampire

Oh by the way. Once you've done this you don't get to fight the Cowled Wizards and their leaders (lvl 31 Mages) in the game!

------------------