Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-20-2001, 01:38 AM   #1
Telchar of Nogrod
Drow Warrior

Greetings and salutations. I've finished the initial dungeon, the circus and I just wiped the floor with that loud mouth upstairs in the Den of the Seven Vales. I'm the kind of player that likes to take his time and search every little corner and do every little side quest (at least if they are worth something). Are there any more things to do here? Where should I go next? I'm just starting to sort through the old posts. There are A LOT more of them on this site then on the BG1 site; but, I know that's where all the answers are. I love that different stores have different prices for buying and selling loot. The rolls that they give you for HPs are far from balanced. I've played AD+D for over 20 years and I know when something is rigged. When my paladin leveled up (I play multi- and create my own charactors, man, I really hate those annoying NPCs), I had to reload over 10 times. He has an 18 con and they would not give him anything over 6! Did I roll nothing but 1s and 2s ten times in a row? He's not multi-classed. It's happening to all my guys and gals. It's bad enough that they start you off with the option of creating every detail of your charactor, only to find out that your HPs suck. I understand that it is a random thing and I don't sit there until it's perfect; but, come on. These guys have to last the whole game. You don't get too many full hit dice rolls anyway; so, you might as well let them count. I've been unable to import my fellas from BG1/TOSC yet; but, it will be more satisfying when I do (I'm still in the iron age when it comes to computers). I've also noticed that they don't give you con bonuses when you get only the set amount of HPs. I've a totemic druid and all she gets is 2 HPs no matter how many times I reload (she's got a 16 con), it should be 4. Thanks for hearing me out. I don't normaly complain. I'll be back with questions I can't find an answer to in the previous posts and to help people out when I can. So far my tactics from BG1 still kick the door down, so far..........

------------------
"Remember this day. Remember it well. Then you can say, I was there that night with Arthur the king. For it is the doom of men that they forget"

Merlin - Excalalabar
Old 10-20-2001, 02:36 AM   #2
mitsos

A good trick about the hp-level up procedure is to switch the game difficulty to normal. All the rolls will receive the highest possible results and all spells will not fail in being written. After the level up, you can adjust it back to core rules or wherever you might play it.

Old 10-20-2001, 04:49 AM   #3
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

aye, i can't stand playing core rules for exactly those two reasons. my mage, despite having a 19 INT with a 95% chance to learn a spell, probably failed at least half the time.

but they seem to apply that everywhere; iirc, minsc's hp's starting out had like an average of 4. maybe the game tries to get a median of 5.5 including, unfairly, the CON bonus.