Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 03-26-2001, 05:48 AM   #1
Grebki
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Has anyone gone around and looked in all of the houses in the city? I've found quite a few with nasty surprises -- are all of these quests, or are they just random battle locations?
Possible spoiler??
I found a couple of demons in one house in the northeast part of the bridge district (right above the Inn on the map.) Also, the house that is next to the Order of the Radiant Heart in the Temple district is pretty nasty. Are these worth fighting for?

-Grebki
Old 03-26-2001, 05:52 AM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

MAJOR SPOILER:
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Not all houses are quest related. I would assume you are talking about the "guarded compound" in the temple district, that's the so call slave lords quest. No one will assign it to you, and it is not story related. BUT, this is one of the tougher fights in the game and the loots are GOOD!!! You will get one of the best weapon in the game if you decide to proceed to the 2nd floor and win the fight. I don't recommend this for parties who do not have enough anti-mage spells, but it is possible for low level parties to win.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-26-2001, 06:09 AM   #3
Grebki
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah, I sent Yoshimo around invisible and trap-detecting (very good combo for a thief by the way.) He go creamed when the Glabrezu and Efreet showed up and he was alone. Anyway, it's on my list, but I do feel I need some more experience before I tackle it (Each character is at roughly 1.75 Million XP -- divided / 2 for dual-class)

-Grebki
Old 03-26-2001, 06:11 AM   #4
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

You can always let the demon and the critters fight themselves first. The tough fight is on 2nd floor.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-26-2001, 06:33 AM   #5
Grebki
Elite Waterdeep Guard

An interesting note -- you probably already know this, but ... if you manage to get a hit in on two creatures that are hacking away at each other and then hide (invisible, whatever) *you* get the experience when the creature dies, even though you only did minimal damage to it -- cool, huh (pretty cheap to, I admit.)

-Grebki
Old 03-26-2001, 09:21 AM   #6
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

As I always say, "what ever gets the job done... use it."

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 03-26-2001, 12:28 PM   #7
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

theres some crazy pirates in the in at the lower level of the docks that do seem to be tied to anything.

------------------
Old 03-26-2001, 07:07 PM   #8
Lord Shield

Apparently these pirates are something to do with the Roenals (Nalia sub-quest). I was attacked by a 'good' priest and his companions in the Bridge district. What were those idiots for?