Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 03-02-2006, 03:54 AM   #1
D*Ranged

Mine has to be illmater.
Alright multi potential and healing domain spells, but I'd rather not play a pawn of a borderline masochistic deity. (No offense to all illmater fans)
Old 03-02-2006, 08:23 AM   #2
Redcodekevin
Dungeon Master

Mine has to be Helm. I like Helm, but this cleric in particular does not have anything special... At least the others have spells that cannot be obtained normally by a cleric (the only "exclusive" spells in their domain are, IIRC, Stoneskin and Holy Smite.)

[ 03-02-2006, 08:25 AM: Message edited by: Redcodekevin ]
Old 03-02-2006, 05:43 PM   #3
Marty4
Symbol of Cyric

I'll second helm as least favorite. Ilmater is low on my list as a pure class, but I have used them before to MC with paladin and retain the ability to continue adding pally levels.
Marty4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 08:23 PM   #4
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

ohgma, because its booring. i think they seem booring. excuse me if this is a little short sighted, but the people in BG who follow ohgma, are booring librarians.
Old 03-02-2006, 08:47 PM   #5
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

"WISDOM is possessed by the LEARNDED"

Well thanks, genius. Ohgma seconded.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2006, 10:50 PM   #6
Magness
Quintesson

I've never minded Loremasters of Oghma. All those higher level domain spells like Greater Command, Symbol Fear, Symbol Hopelessness, and Ex Eyes or Wail of the Banshee are great spells. True, their lower level spells aren't much to write home about. But then again, lower level spells aren't really meant to be great.

I think that least favorite (or most favorite) clerics can depend entirely on how you play, what spells you prefer to cast, etc.

The Lathander fire spells are great in normal mode, but really lose their punch in HOF. OTOH, the Will Save based spells of Oghma or Bane really shine in HOF.

From a RP perspective, does a Battleguard seem more likely to be a great warrior than a librarian (aka Loremaster)? Well, yeah. But those librarians really pack some magical punch with all those shhhhhhh's.
Magness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 12:28 AM   #7
timothy trotter
Drizzt Do'Urden

can they cast the spell silence? if they cant, they should be able to!
Old 03-03-2006, 02:41 AM   #8
cris
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ogmha has an air of boringness regardless of abilitys. I feel libraryans shouldn't be going adventuring anyway.
my personal favorite has to be Talos.
cris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2006, 08:14 AM   #9
Dave G
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Be nice to Ohgma! Us smart types that hang around Candlekeep library shall INHERIT FAERUN!
Old 03-03-2006, 11:58 AM   #10
wanderon
Dungeon Master

Indeed whats the point of going adventuring if you don't have a Lorekeeper along to give you the background on what you have found and to scribe your names into the annals of history with the legitimacy of Ohgma behind him rather than the blathering of a drunken bard...

I too have never used Ilmater other than as a pally MC and i don't think I have played Helm either.