Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2001, 04:21 AM   #1
The Ozzman
Zhentarim Guard

i read that he has gauntlets of weapon expertise, and i wanted to get them.
The Ozzman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 01:06 PM   #2
Legolas the Elven Archer

I'm not sure those were on Tazok. You can meet him by finding the bandits in the woods and pretending you want to be one too. They'll take you to Tazok, but...

SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER
SPOILER

... You won't be able to kill him yet.

------------------
The last arrow of Legolas kindled in the air as it flew,
and plunged burning into the heart of a great wolf-chieftain.
All the others fled. -J.R.R. Tolkien, The Lord of the Rings
Old 09-03-2001, 01:35 PM   #3
Vampire

No they are not on Tazok, nor is it at the bandit camp.
Don't think so any way. If I can stretch my memory I thought they were on some Ogre in the SE??? Help me out here.

------------------
Avatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 02:32 PM   #4
Xanthul
Symbol of Cyric

SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
-
- Gauntlets of weapon expertise are in a fighter in Firewine ruins, if you challenge him (and kill him too ) you´ll get them.
I cant remember if they´re on Tazok too or not, i killed him once in the bandit camp but i cant remember which items did he have, plus i killed him with a wand of frost, that might destroy items.

------------------
"Sigh" -Ertai, Captive of the Blinding Angel
Xanthul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 04:09 PM   #5
andora20
Manshoon

Are these the ones that increase your dexterity to 18? if they are then
Spoiler>
Spoiler>
Spoiler>
Spoiler>
I got mine off the 2 ogres(?) that were guarding the bridge at the Knoll Fortress

------------------
Carpe Diem, Carpe Jugulem
andora20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2001, 09:17 PM   #6
Lemernis
Drizzt Do'Urden

I'm pretty sure Tazok has Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise. (I know they are not Ogre Strength and pretty sure they are not Weapons Skill... so I think they must be Weapons Expertise...) There is another pair of Gauntlets of Weapon Expertise on Melium at the Firewine Ruins as well.

Immediately after Tazok talks to you pause and target him with an arrow to turn him hostile. Then kill him. He's not that tough actually.

He does appear later in the game, but killing him now doesn't affect that. (Hey, every temple resurrects for a price. Why wouldn't the bad guys be able to do this also!)
Lemernis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 01:47 AM   #7
Kitka
Dungeon Master

yep, according to the item list of the cre file for tazok (from infinity explorer) he carries these items. but they are not included in the count, so may be only effects, i guess killing him will show you if they are on him or not. interestingly, the cre file for tazok2 - where you kill him for the finish, he doesnt have them.
Kitka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 11:53 AM   #8
Zbyszek

SPOILER
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Gautlets of weapon expertise (+2Thaco I think)- guy at Firewine ruins
Gautlets of dexterity (dex=18) - gnoll frotress entrance
gauntlets of Ogre Might - BG 2nd or 3rd level of ship in docs (girls wanted to play, and we played )

Zbyszek
Zbyszek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 07:41 AM   #9
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

Were you thinking of Tazok's servant Mulehay in the Nashkel mines? I forgot what kind of of gauntlets he had originally, but I've installed DSOTSC and this time he gave me gauntlets +3 to hit and +3 to damage, only usable by clerics.
Zateel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2001, 08:21 AM   #10
Zbyszek

Quote:
Originally posted by Zateel:
Were you thinking of Tazok's servant Mulehay in the Nashkel mines? I forgot what kind of of gauntlets he had originally, but I've installed DSOTSC and this time he gave me gauntlets +3 to hit and +3 to damage, only usable by clerics.

No. We are not talking about DSOToSC. In BG and ToSC there are no such items like gauntlets+3 (if you got it at the beginning of game you can no longer say it is balanced).

(There are also 2 pairs of gautlets of weapon Skill - +1Thaco)

Zbyszek
Zbyszek is offline   Reply With Quote