Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Entertainment (Movies, TV Shows and Books/Comics)

Old 03-01-2006, 03:35 PM   #1
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

<font color=skyblue>Any comments on how fast Hollywood is beginning to put movies onto DVD? Used to, you waited like a dang year and now Hollywood figures that if they release the movies to DVD fast as possible, it will reduce piracy.

I love it. King Kong will be out at the end of this month, to give one example!</font>
Old 03-01-2006, 10:45 PM   #2
Sir Goulum
John Locke

I thought movies come out in DVD as soon as they really lose popularity in the theaters. Using my definition, it really shows how crummy most of the movies have been this year. (Exception: RotS, which was in my theater until September/Octoberish)
Sir Goulum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2006, 10:54 AM   #3
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

<font face="Verdana" size="3" color="#009999">Yah! My wife and I were talking about this last night, it only seems like Kong, Narnia, and Potter were in the theater just a few months ago. It may reduce some piracy but only a small amount, and then the downside it may also reduce people who see it in the theater because why go spend almost $20 to see it if you only need to wait a couple months for the DVD. Even though they may combat piracy they may not gain anything in terms of profit. New releases coming out at 19.99 for the first day than that is a decent price for a new release and will combat piracy has well.

Bought Kong, and pre purchased Narnia which you recieved 50,000 HBC points for which is almost =$10. Kong was good, I still have a soft spot for the original and Peter kept true to the story and the special effects made it worth it. What ticks me off is that now you have to choose wide screen or full screen it used to be they were on the same DVD. My wife likes full screen and I like wide screen.</font>

[ 03-30-2006, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
pritchke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2006, 01:45 PM   #4
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

A fair number of movies are still releasing both formats on the same disk
Old 03-31-2006, 03:37 PM   #5
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Get a widescreen TV . I think they do it for movies that didn't have a long run in theatres (Kong, etc).
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote