Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 11-14-2000, 07:48 AM   #1
andone75
Welcomed New User

HI everybody...
Now i have finally done the serpant temple...!(yes)

I have moved on to the next quests, ,i have uppgrade my thief to a ninja...(lowerd the drawbridge at castle)

So....what are the main purpose of getting inside the castle?, what should i look for...is this palce as though as the serpant temple in size or is it a littlebit easier?...where are the things i need to complete this place anv also
is this the place where i might find the Vamprie...if so...should i kill her or what?

Well spoilder pls....
Old 11-14-2000, 09:13 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

YOu really could do either and even the Boogre Caves too for that matter but since you'd be crossing more country area and the monsters are a little harder - you might want to take the closest (castle) first.
The basic story in the castle is that D'Soto's (a former Mavin wielder) ghost has not been set free. A Demon has taken over and holds the castle in his sway. You will meet a Wizard at the castle who will ask you to help free D'Soto. This task is accomplished by locating 5 evil elements and using them on the Masque of Death to empower the mask to be able to capture the Demon. The castle is quite large but I didn't find it as confusing as the Serpent Temple to navigate. Yes, Lysandra the vampire resides here and unless you wish to be a vampire killing her is the recommended solution.
Wyv
Old 11-14-2000, 01:32 PM   #3
Zorkian

Could you spoil me a little? I got into Shurmugeon castle but I couldn't lower the drawbridge. What is the secret here? I don't want to "do" the castle just yet, but I want my ninja! Can you he? Thanks!!!Zorkian

Old 11-14-2000, 01:47 PM   #4
Sloth

To become a Ninja you cannot kill any of the ghosts that are their. Not even the Sentry at the top of the stairs. Basically, you will haul butt there, lower the draw bride, and haul butt back. Pretty simple. If you have not killed the Amazoni plants yet, I HIGHLY suggest doing that first. Hate those little buggers.

Old 11-14-2000, 02:05 PM   #5
Vincewind

Just a quick question, I went to the area to get the samuri baton first, now I can't get out cuase of the amazon plants, I keep dieing everytime I try to fight one, any good stratagies?
Thanks in advance, please send e-mail to as_babcock@yahoo.com

Old 11-14-2000, 07:32 PM   #6
xenotoca

I would say Shuruegon it is much easire to fathom that either the stout mines or booger cave plus you want to be well up with spells and hit points in the booger cave as the jungle lilys are similar to the amazon mantraps.

Vincewind if you cant figt from a distance and cannot go back to a recent save use the run key to run past them and get away, they are quite slow. Only take on these babies from a distance with spells and during daylight as the dam things are almost impossible to see in the dark.

Old 11-14-2000, 07:55 PM   #7
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Zorkian - did you find the back way into the castle grounds?
You have to go to the moat on the east side, find a hole down swim around, flip a lever to open some grates and crawl out on the far side where you will find part of the castle wall in ruins. From there you want to run to the front of the castle - don't kill anything while on your ninja quest - zip up the stairs of the right hand gate tower, throw the lever and down will go the drawbridge!
BONSAI!!!

Wyv
Old 11-14-2000, 09:56 PM   #8
Zorkian

Wyv! Thanks a mill! That's exactly the hint I needed. You are a joy! Zorkian

Old 11-15-2000, 04:30 AM   #9
Astyanax12

Wyvern (cool name), when I first entered the castle, I slaughtered everything that got in my way, pulled the drawbridge lever and still got the ninja promotion. I think the 'do not disturb' injunction in the ninja quest can be safely ignored.