Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-29-2001, 02:52 PM   #1
gdawg49
Elite Waterdeep Guard

After finishing installing CD2, the installer asks for CD1 to be put in. When this is done, however, the box asking for CD1 won't go away, no matter how manytimes OK is pressed. The minium install works fine, but there are problems like stuttering movies, so a full install would be nice. Is there any solution?
gdawg49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 03:58 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Welcome to the board, gdawg49!!!

Can you tell us a bit about your computer, OS, memory, video/sound cards?

Just off the top of my head it sounds like the full install didn't take properly and may have to be done again, but any additional information you can give us will be helpful.

You might also want to cross post this into Sazerac's techie help desk thread. Saz (and many others here too!!) is excellent with the technical difficulties, a talent I sadly lack!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2001, 05:56 PM   #3
gdawg49
Elite Waterdeep Guard

My specs:

P2 233
128MB ram
Voodoo2
4MB ATI AGP card (very old)
Win 95
Old 16x CD-ROM drive

But this is the first time I've had any problem with an install. I'd tried the full install about 5 times, and the same thing happened. After each install, in which almost all the game seemed to of being installed (going on the size of the directory), the unwise.exe in the directory could remove it.
Old 07-03-2001, 07:10 PM   #4
show
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sounds like you may have all the right equip. gdawg My friend has the same similar problems. But, it's because he has a burnt copy...shhhhhh lol
The CD only reads after a cd is put into the rom and read. So he would put a music cd in, then pull it out after it started playing and then put the w&w cd in. Sounds like it may be your CD Rom. If you have another computer or a friends does with a faster read speed, try it. That way u know if it's your cd drive. which it may be cause it's having problems picking it up. May have probs. if it's a copy too.
Let us know what happened.
show is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2001, 10:52 AM   #5
gdawg49
Elite Waterdeep Guard

It most certainly is not a burnt copy. But I'll try the install on another PC and see what happends. Thanks.