Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-19-2001, 05:42 AM   #1
Grimlock Kikyerface
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Heya Heya everybody! Ive been reading this forum for god knows how long now so i finally decided to register. Regarding the topic, i was just wandering SPOILER
I have come to the room with the umberhulks in it and i dont know how to use the dog stew or what i need to do with it to stop them attackin me. Ive tried all sorts of things, but nothing seems to work! Any sugestions, and feel free to spoil me if need be. Thanx in advance ppl.
Old 11-19-2001, 06:35 AM   #2
Chris77Se
Zhentarim Guard

just open the door and let your mage cast the lvl 6 cloud into the room. The cloud normally kills the umber hulks or at least some of them so that you can finish of the rest easily.
Don´t read ahead, if you don´t want to be spoiled further...
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
This spell works also very good against Torgal (the troll boss) and makes the fight for the keep much easier.
Old 11-19-2001, 07:04 AM   #3
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

Pooh. Just kill 'em. Spoiler
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
=
Then take the dog stew to the corridor outside and then go to the room with the doggy skeletons in it (2nd to the right, that'd be west) , put it there for a whole lot of XP, even if you've already killed the giant junebugs, er, Umber Hulks.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 11-19-2001, 07:06 AM   #4
Merlin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Have your thief hide in shadows and sneak past the umber hulks to the second cell, inside you will find an active area that you can place the dog stew in, do so and get out of there, dont go back the way you came go back via the southern corridor. When you get back to the room where the hulks were, close the door behind you, then close the other door, trapping the hulks in the prison area. (you can then kill them for even more xp if you wish)
Old 11-19-2001, 07:17 AM   #5
Whailor

It is suggested to use the stew, just to get the extra XP. I always kill the bugs later naturally too. Just make the stew, give it to the thief, hide in shadows. NB! Turn OFF Party AI! Otherwise there's a good chance that the stupid hidden thief will start plinking arrows into hulks as soon as he sees them heh. Makes 'em bugs mad at you, and considering that you have the dog stew in yer pack.. Owie!

In any case, get to the cells and the lower left cell has passage-like way through the cell wall. There's the "cache" you can open: open it and you will see some 2 dog skeletons there. Place the stew there and tadaa! Extra XP. Get of out there and, well, smack them later.

As for TorGal - well, the good old Yoshi did it again: go with Yoshi into the room but so that the trolls wont see you yet. Place the Snares and Special Snares on the stairs and ready your group in the room where hulks used to be. Now get someone to get the attention of TorGal and once the dialogue is over, run to your group. Watch 'em stupid trolls run right on yer traps and getting pelted by them hehe.. Then whoop up what's left. I am getting more and more in love with the traps, they sure are a VERY bad surprize to your foe

Btw, anyone ever has got some information out of the TorGal? As far as I can tell, whatever text combos I use, it all ends with TorGal not saying who sent him and trolls all getting smacked. Is there ANY way at all to find out who hired the stupid trolls?
Old 11-19-2001, 07:27 AM   #6
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

No, not by me . God knows I've tried. I assume(insert joke here) that that &*^&* Saemon or another of the Roenalls put them up to it, since they will inherit if li'l Nalia's not around. TorGai does say , if you send Nalia in to talk to him, that he has been ordered to kill all members of the family, so that supports the Roenall theory. But what about that captain of the guard, the one that Nalia trusts so much? Right before you kill him, he talks about the sorcery that "his new master" has taught him. That doesn't fit, unless you assume, like my girlfriend does, that he has just gone insane. That does work, and is what I am going on now.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 11-19-2001, 08:56 PM   #7
andrewas
Harper

have you read the desription on the flail of ages (+3 edition). the weapon attracts rakashas. fits with the sorcery. i think rakashas are into this kind of torure death and mayhem.

id still bet on roenall tho.

sucks that there no way to tell.
Old 11-19-2001, 09:08 PM   #8
Inis
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I know nothing of dog stew actually. I just killed them. Walked just inside the room and right out quickly so that the first 2 followed me, one at a time. Easy to kill that way. For the remaining hulks I had Airie cast Minor Spellturning so that when she walked in the room (solo) and the hulks cast Confuse, it bounced off her and hit them. Wasn't too difficult at that point.

hehe cheap and very simplistic, but works.

Mage Inis
Old 11-20-2001, 12:14 AM   #9
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I never got the dog stew to work either. I tried about 10 different times without so much as "whiff" of interest from the Umber Hulks.

I finally had Yoshi close both doors to that area and let Aerie cast Cloud Kill on top of the Hulks. Easy enough, but I sure would've liked that extra 18,000xp.

Oh well, the Keep is mine now, so that's all that really matters.