Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-15-2004, 08:36 AM   #11
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

*woo, 300 posts* Me mum sugested calamine, but it smells *VILE* so i gave her a big fat no. As for hydrocortisone...What the hell is that? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Yeh, hot water is NOT very pleasant, as i found out this morning when i got in the shower...Ow.
Old 12-15-2004, 08:47 AM   #12
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Chicken pox... oh boy.. not fun! I had them as a child but my brother got them as a teen and I remember he was miserable.

Aveeno makes a good oatmeal bath that helps with itching. Definitely don't scratch anywhere you don't want a scar! I have one tiny one from scratching at the bumps, but I was five and nobody told me not to! LOL, well, they probably did, but hey, at five you don't always listen to good advice!

[ 12-15-2004, 08:48 AM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 12-15-2004, 08:59 AM   #13
Lady Sedai
Banned User

Quote:
Originally posted by TheGodThatFailed:
*woo, 300 posts* Me mum sugested calamine, but it smells *VILE* so i gave her a big fat no. As for hydrocortisone...What the hell is that? [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Yeh, hot water is NOT very pleasant, as i found out this morning when i got in the shower...Ow.
Well, the "smell" of calamine dissapates as it dries, so you wouldn't smell it for long anyway. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Hydrocortisone cream is an anti-itch cream. Basically, it's an anti-histamine. Histamines are the things in your body that *cause* you to feel "itchy". Hydrocortisone blocks those hystamines so you don't itch. Or you don't itch as *much*. But check with the doctor first to make sure it would be okay. A quick phone call should do it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Also, as Cloudy said...the Aveeno oatmeal bath is wondermous! Something in the oatmeal calms the itching.
Old 12-15-2004, 09:05 AM   #14
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

lol! Porridge bath! [img]tongue.gif[/img] I think i could have misunderstood...Luckily i've only scratched the back of my head so far, so if i get any scars they won't be visislbe
Old 12-15-2004, 09:07 AM   #15
Lady Sedai
Banned User

Yeah...but you'll have all these little bald patches on the back of your head...

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2004, 09:10 AM   #16
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

[img]redface.gif[/img] aarg, guess i'll quit doing that then [img]tongue.gif[/img] but i'll have long hair, so they'll be covered by that...hopefully...I can just pray i DON'T get bald patches, eew. No, that doesn't sound good.

[EDIT] but pouring cold water over myself every time it ictehs will give me brainfreeze eventually [img]tongue.gif[/img] , and it's still not the most pleasant experiance in the world, but it's better than the itching.

[ 12-15-2004, 09:12 AM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]
Old 12-15-2004, 09:18 AM   #17
Lady Sedai
Banned User

LOL! Well, you'll just have to decide which you'd rather have...a bit of smelly lotion on you, brain freeze and a porridge bath or ITCHING FROM HADES!!!

[img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 12-15-2004, 09:21 AM   #18
philip
Galvatron

They're really annoying. I've had them when I was young. I can remember they itched a lot unless I was doing something which took my mind away from them. I also had a long time free from school
Old 12-15-2004, 09:21 AM   #19
TheGodThatFailed
Drizzt Do'Urden

Starting to want the smelly lotion now We're gonna get called spammers soon

[EDIT] Same, i'm getting a LONG time off, becuase there's only a week left until we break up for christmas, and i get that week off...School's out of christmas early this year

[ 12-15-2004, 09:24 AM: Message edited by: TheGodThatFailed ]
Old 12-15-2004, 09:23 AM   #20
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

LOL, you've got a few weeks til they dry up, most likely, so I'd try something to ease the itching... whether it's oatmeal or hydrocortisone or soaking your head.. LOL I hope you don't go stir crazy! hehe Maybe you can distract yourself with a good movie or playing a game or something. [img]smile.gif[/img]