Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-11-2004, 11:35 AM   #1
uss
20th Level Warrior

There are two Jehovah's witnesses in my area that have come to my house for four times by now. They come about once a week and always talk about how God is teh 1337, as all of them do. Once even had a 30 minute chat with them. I asked them some fun questions, such as "Who is the devil and is he still active?" The conversation, which was mostly one-sided, was pretty interesting while it lasted. I wish I had argued more. Oh well, there's always next time.

Anyway, I just came home to hear from my little sister that they were here today as well. My sister was pretty angry when she told me the story. She told them that she hasn't got any time to listen to them so she sent them away. Before leaving, they gave her a small book. They've given us short 30 page books every time when they've visited, all with very eerie propagandistic titles such as "Now is the time!" This time however, the book was about losing weight. It was specifically meant for my sister.

My sister is NOT fat. Well ok, she is slghtly overweight but she's quite possibly one of the sportiest people I know. She does athletic activities for more than a hour every day from Monday to Friday(which is a lot more than I do, if you must know ) and you couldn't even see she's overweight at all when she has a sweater on. (To change your imaginations about how I look like, I'm underweight. [img]tongue.gif[/img] )

This made me ponder about some things regarding those people.

1) I live in a flat with 2 locks, one of which is the lock that every person who lives in the house has. The people in the house can 'buzz' people into the house with that. The other is obviously the personal lock. They've always appeared behind my flat door, which means that they've passed the outer lock everytime somehow. We never buzzed them in, so isn't it against the law or something?

2) I'm 15 years old and my sister's 13. We're too young to be exposed to religious propaganda!

3) My sister is 13 years old. Books concerning weight loss are for adults only!

4) Why the heck did the Jehovah's witness have such a book with her anyway?

I don't disfavour religious people in any way! In fact, my father's the head of a church, I've been baptized and I go to church every christmas. Regardless, I'm still an atheist.

Any constructive remarks, as long as they don't cross the moratorium, are welcome. [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 11-11-2004, 11:36 AM: Message edited by: uss ]
Old 11-11-2004, 12:39 PM   #2
Sigmar
Unicorn

Yes they are like that. They're not suspicious, half of my family are Jehovahs Witnesses, they just act like that normally!

They're on an annoying mission from God. Or so I keep telling them. They keep trying to convert me though!
Old 11-11-2004, 02:03 PM   #3
Larry_OHF
Ironworks Moderator

Religious Discussion Ban explained here