Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 03-17-2003, 04:41 AM   #1
norompanlasolas

"The people can always be herded into obeying the orders of their leaders. All you have to tell them is that their country is being attacked, and denounce the pacifists for unpatriotic and for putting the country in danger. This works in any country"

Answer:

Quote from the former Reichsmarschall des Grossdeutschen Reiches Hermann Goering during his speech in the Nuremberg trials.

History repeats itself...
Old 03-17-2003, 06:38 AM   #2
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Yep, that's what happened to me all right. I've been herded into obeying. I'm incapible of looking at the facts and making a rational decision even though I've followed the issues for over a decade. Thanks for pointing it out.
Old 03-17-2003, 06:46 AM   #3
Masklinn

Glad you admit it !

Old 03-17-2003, 08:07 AM   #4
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

[img]tongue.gif[/img]

EDIT - I forgot the all important "sticking tongue out" smilie.

[ 03-17-2003, 08:16 AM: Message edited by: Ronn_Bman ]
Old 03-17-2003, 08:31 AM   #5
Sir_Tainly

You have been conditioned not to fight the system, hence why finding such a rebellious smiley wasn't easy
Old 03-18-2003, 04:08 AM   #6
norompanlasolas

Quote:
Originally posted by Ronn_Bman:
Yep, that's what happened to me all right. I've been herded into obeying. I'm incapible of looking at the facts and making a rational decision even though I've followed the issues for over a decade. Thanks for pointing it out.
lol... if you felt addressed then you should look into yourself why.

but isnt that what is happening right now in the us, britain, etc... the opposers to war are called unpatriotic and that they are putting their country in danger? the nazis were the propaganda masters, and obviously their strategies are still being used to promote war and qwell disent.
Old 03-18-2003, 05:34 AM   #7
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Yeah, there is also alot of simularitys of Churchhill vs Hitler and Bush vs Saddam.

Some that immedatly pop to mind, people said he was unfit for office, people said that the so called 'enemy' was not a threat. There are alot of others, but I cant think of them right now.
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Iron_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 06:26 AM   #8
Desdicado
Zhentarim Guard

Yes, but which one is like Hitler and which like Churchill?.

One unleashed an overwhelming unprovoked, illegal attack against a much weaker nation.

Which one was that again?.

Also I don't see Bush squaring up to North Korea, is it because they have huge armed forces ?.

[ 03-18-2003, 06:33 AM: Message edited by: Desdicado ]
Old 03-18-2003, 06:40 AM   #9
Iron_Ranger
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Desdicado:
Yes, but which one is like Hitler and which like Churchill?.

One unleashed an overwhelming unprovoked, illegal attack against a much weaker nation.

Its a justified war IMO, I and several others have stated why, I dont see much of a point in posting it all again. And carry on the same ol' debate again.

Also I don't see Bush squaring up to North Korea, is it because they have huge armed forces ?.
Thanks to the magnificent Bill Cliton we can no longer have enough troops to in Iraq, Afghnastan, and N. Korea, we will elmaniate Kim Jong Ill or whatever his name is soon enough. One at a time..You expect us to elimanate all the dictators simotainously?

[ 03-18-2003, 06:44 AM: Message edited by: Iron_Ranger ]
<br />[url]\"http://www.bratgirlcentral.com/cgi-bin/ouapforum/ikonboard/ikonboard.cgi\" target=\"_blank\">Once Upon A Paper</a><br />Living on a razors edge<br />Balancing on ledge<br />Living on a razors edge
Iron_Ranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2003, 07:08 AM   #10
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Desdicado:

Um... let's see.... That was Iraq when it invaded Kuwait! The ceasefire was conditional on the promise that Iraq would disarm. Iraq decided not to disarm, and the international community lost interest, but Iraq will disarm.

Don't you want to give the North Koreans 12 years worth of resolutions, too? Are you advocating war or spewing simplistic rhetoric? [img]smile.gif[/img]