Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-23-2001, 05:52 PM   #1
Burrtoe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm under the impression that the Demi-Lich at the docks can only be hit by +4 or better weapons. I killed it with the improved Mace of Disruption. I wasn't sure that was possible, so I reloaded and tested it. Korgan beserked and armed with the mace can kill it easily. It even failed a save once and was totally destroyed.

The mace is +2 (+4 vs. undead). I'm probably going to look dumb, but the +4 vs. undead makes it possible to hit the Demi-Lich, even though it's normally a +2 weapon? If so, then that mace is sweet!

The Toe
Old 10-23-2001, 06:05 PM   #2
andrewas
Harper

correct. liches are undead. so it makes sense, dosent it.
Old 10-23-2001, 06:24 PM   #3
Burrtoe
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes, but there was something in my brain telling me that it wouldn't work because it's only a +2 weapon normally. When I killed the Demi-Lich with it, I thought it was a bug at first . The mace is a +4 weapon when fighting undead and will actually hurt stuff that can only be hit by +4 or better weapons. Simple concept, no idea why it was so difficult for me to grasp.

Is there a weapon that lowers saving throws when it hits?

The Toe
Old 10-23-2001, 06:59 PM   #4
andrewas
Harper

yes there is.

and no i dont know where. i think i dumped it. will have a look, currently downlaoding TDD so it'll be a while.
Old 10-24-2001, 03:42 AM   #5
Amergin
Zhentarim Guard

using my vastly enormous brain... ok, i used an editor... this mace is always considered +4 (which is different than its actual THAC0 bonus) to hit whether vs undead or not. in addition, if you read the description, it causes extra damage to undead and will kill them outright unless they save vs death at -4.