Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 11-02-2001, 08:59 AM   #1
eddie-c
Dungeon Master

I've read a couple of threads about hitpoints when levelling and the amount given, and stat points to assign is random. Is this also the case for skill points?

The reason I ask is that when I first started playing the game I flipped through the book and started assigning points to what I thought would be most necessary, not thinking about the role changes... e.g. maxing int on ma's and then raising will & spirituality... maxing int and dex on a ro etc....

However since getting more into the game, and having made several groups now, learning as i go, suddenly the newer groups i create get 1 skill point instead of perhaps 3 or even 4. Obviously this means that working up spell class levels, through not cheating with the cash bug is sheer hell and extremely frustrating.

If anyone has an answer please let me know... now that i've gotten a pretty good grasp of areas and spells it's frustrating to try to get necessary spell levels, such as cure poison or cure while also trying to get great heal, so that i can survive in serpent castle.

thanks.
eddie-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 09:04 AM   #2
Neb
Account deleted by Request

If you've switched roles you only get 1 skill point per level up until you reach the level you had before you switched roles.
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 09:24 AM   #3
Mandrake42
Elite Waterdeep Guard

*Fetches the manual out of the box for you and sneaks up and puts it near your elbow*
Mandrake42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 09:38 AM   #4
eddie-c
Dungeon Master

This is *before* switching roles though.... just working my way up the normal levels of being pr/ma/wa/ro.... getting 1 measly skill point as, for example, an ma at level 3, 4, 5
Old 11-02-2001, 10:11 AM   #5
Mandrake42
Elite Waterdeep Guard

If you havent swapped rolls and you are getting low skill points to assign bump up your intelligence. Intelligence controls how many skill points you recieve per level.
Mandrake42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 03:42 PM   #6
Jazzid
Manshoon

Hi!
I'm not really sure if I understand what your problem is. If you stick to one role you should get the same amount of skill points everytime you level up, that is if you keep your INT the same. If you increase INT you should get more skill points, at INT 18 you get four skill points, and at level 24 you get six skill points.

However, if you have changed roles you will only get one skill point until you reach the same level as ANY previous role. Then you'll get the normal amount of skill points.

I hope that this answered your question.

//Jazzid
Jazzid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2001, 05:18 PM   #7
Tholarion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

You get 1 skill raise per 4 points of intelligence rounded down.

4-7: 1 skill raise
8-11: 2 skill raises
12-15: 3 skill raises
16-19: 4 skill raises
20-23: 5 skill raises
24: 6 skill raises

-FF
Tholarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2001, 11:08 PM   #8
eddie-c
Dungeon Master

Thanks for the info so far, and the table on skill points. To the person that snuck the manual under my elbow, I read it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now, interestingly enough, I've made a couple more parties and yet again I'm getting one crappy skill point per level - for all 6 chars in the group - and I'm starting to get annoyed to the point of deleting the game.

warriors int = 12, rogue int = 18, mages int = 18, pr int = 14.

this is without the patch, but with the first couple of groups i made, when i started playing the game a few weeks ago i never encountered this 'stingey' skill point giving.
Old 11-04-2001, 01:19 PM   #9
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Tholarion:
You get 1 skill raise per 4 points of intelligence rounded down.

4-7: 1 skill raise
8-11: 2 skill raises
12-15: 3 skill raises
16-19: 4 skill raises
20-23: 5 skill raises
24: 6 skill raises

-FF

Oh this does look like it should be added to the BEST TIPS thread!