Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-30-2003, 09:33 PM   #1
Terts
Welcomed New User

Dawnbringer Sain in the Temple of Lathander is supposed to ask me to retrieve a ring for him. But, when I go to talk to him, he just wants to kill me. Guardian Telwyn keeps telling me to go talk to him and do whatever he says. But, he still just wants to kill me. What is going on. Has this happened before.
Terts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 09:47 PM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Did you happen to steal something from their temple recently? Say... for Mae'Var?
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2003, 11:01 PM   #3
Gangrell
Iron Throne Cult

Most likely if you have an evil character, you've had to steal a trinket from his temple before. If you have, then that's most likely why he wants to kill you.

[ 04-30-2003, 11:04 PM: Message edited by: Gangrell ]
Gangrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 12:28 AM   #4
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Dundee Slaytern:
Did you happen to steal something from their temple recently? Say... for Mae'Var?
Mae-Var wants you to steal it from the Temple of Talos...
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 01:25 AM   #5
The Lilarcor
Elminster

No, it depends on your alignment, if your evil you go get a statuette from the other temple.
Old 05-01-2003, 03:22 AM   #6
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

Terts, you have the air of one who's playing his first game of BG2 with his nose glued to a walkthrough.

Quote:
Originally posted by Terts:
Dawnbringer Sain in the Temple of Lathander is supposed to ask me to retrieve a ring for him.
....if you can't speak to him, how could you know what he's "supposed" to ask you to do? Here is my advice to you: Get rid of the dang walkthrough, and try to roleplay. It's more fun, and you're less inclined to do things like, "Hey, I think I'll rob this church and see if they've got anything good." (And if you're told to rob the church, a roleplayer would consider the situation carefully, and realize that there might be fewer people around at night-time.)

Assassin, Dundee is not infallible. Neither am I. Nobody's perfect. But when Dundee is wrong about something, we remember it for weeks. [img]smile.gif[/img]

WELCOME TO IRONWORKS, TERTS!!!
Come and be one of us.....one of us.....one of us.....

[ 05-01-2003, 03:23 AM: Message edited by: SixOfSpades ]
Old 05-01-2003, 08:33 AM   #7
Annatar
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally posted by SixOfSpades:

Come and be one of us.....one of us.....one of us.....
Six, did you recently played Fallout 1?
Old 05-01-2003, 08:41 AM   #8
Assassin
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by The Lilarcor:
No, it depends on your alignment, if your evil you go get a statuette from the other temple.
IIRC, Lathlander is good. [img]smile.gif[/img]

*edit* What I mean is that the PC would have to be a Lathlander Cleric, and hence good, because if it were not a Cleric, then he/she would be getting the jobs from Helm.

[ 05-01-2003, 08:47 AM: Message edited by: Assassin ]
In The Terminator, Sarah Connor is told a speech by John Connor\'s father that John has given in the future. When John is born, Sarah tells John this speech, and John grows up to tell it in the future. So who wrote the speech?!
Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 08:42 AM   #9
Dragonshadow
Quth-Maren

I thopught that you had to get something from the evil temple whatever...
What if you're neutral?
Welcome Terts

aka Loc der Graf, Quillruke
Dragonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2003, 08:51 AM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

To further clarify the issue at hand, there are TWO outcomes from Mae'Var's first task.

1) He asks you to steal a necklace from the Priestess of Talos in the Temple of Talos.

2) He asks you to steal a statutte(sp?) from the Temple of Lathander. Which understandably makes them upset for ever and ever.

That is confirmed.

The other issue I am more fuzzy about, but if memory serves me well... it is not alignment, but reputation that determines which quest you do.
Dundee Slaytern is offline   Reply With Quote