Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 10-14-2003, 11:01 AM   #21
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

Donut, everything in the letter is true so there is no lie. It's only a lie to the people who refuse to face the fact that it contradicts the sheer bull s**t they want to believe coming out of the leftist controlled media. And Hierophant, I get my knowledge of what's going on over there from my brother who is in Baghdad. So you can shove that simple crap back where it came from. Because you are the one who evidently is living in a "simpler" world.
khazadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 11:25 AM   #22
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by khazadman:
Donut, everything in the letter is true so there is no lie. It's only a lie to the people who refuse to face the fact that it contradicts the sheer bull s**t they want to believe coming out of the leftist controlled media. And Hierophant, I get my knowledge of what's going on over there from my brother who is in Baghdad. So you can shove that simple crap back where it came from. Because you are the one who evidently is living in a "simpler" world.
It's a lie because the person who was named at the bottom of the letter didn't write it.

"I have been serving in Iraq for over five months now as a soldier in the 2nd Battalion of the 503rd Airborne Infantry Regiment, otherwise known as the "Rock."

Who has been serving for over five months? The writer probably works in the Pentagon! But we'll never know because we were told it was some common soldier in Iraq. It's a deliberate attempt to mislead you!

The editors who published this form letter did so in the mistaken belief that a hometown soldier wrote it.
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Donut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 11:30 AM   #23
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Donut, everything in the letter is true so there is no lie. It's only a lie to the people who refuse to face the fact that it contradicts the sheer bull s**t they want to believe coming out of the leftist controlled media. A
I thought you watched Fox!
[img]\"http://www.wheatsheaf.freeserve.co.uk/roastspurs.gif\" alt=\" - \" /> <br />Proud member of the Axis of Upheaval<br />Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas<br />Josiah Bartlet - the best President the US never had.<br />The 1st D in the D & D Show
Old 10-14-2003, 11:32 AM   #24
Donut
Jack Burton

Knowing that this is a form letter I treat it with the contempt it deserves.

This however I can relate to!

[ 10-14-2003, 11:35 AM: Message edited by: Donut ]
Old 10-14-2003, 11:57 AM   #25
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Quote:
How is this any different that the dem doom and gloom machine turning out stories that only point out the negative things happening in Iraq? Oh heaven forbid that the people learn that something good is going on there. And Djinn, what's in the letters is not a lie, it's the truth. It's just some guys fighting the constant rain of garbage put out by the left in this country about their mission.
I completely fail to see the logic here. Because the Democrats (who, I understand, you despise) do it then its ok? Errr... if you say so.
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Barry the Sprout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 12:06 PM   #26
Donut
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:
quote:
How is this any different that the dem doom and gloom machine turning out stories that only point out the negative things happening in Iraq? Oh heaven forbid that the people learn that something good is going on there. And Djinn, what's in the letters is not a lie, it's the truth. It's just some guys fighting the constant rain of garbage put out by the left in this country about their mission.
I completely fail to see the logic here. Because the Democrats (who, I understand, you despise) do it then its ok? Errr... if you say so. [/QUOTE]It's simple isn't it?
Old 10-14-2003, 12:14 PM   #27
Chewbacca
Zartan

Exclamation

Yes all those dead soldiers, dead Iraqis, bombings, riots, gun battles, ect. are all made up by the the left-wing media.

I wonder if left-wing media executives fly around Iraq in stealthy black helicopters creating a bunch of death and mayhem for our veiwing pleasure? They probably mutilate a few cattle and create some crop circles while they are at it too.

Or better yet, they have just copied the same death and/or bombing story from a few months back, over and over, simply changing the date and place and, of course, like these letters, the name of the reporting correspondent.

[ 10-14-2003, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Chewbacca ]
Old 10-14-2003, 12:55 PM   #28
norompanlasolas

i dont see whats the big deal though... i mean, everyone knows that the pr section of the armys are sometimes a little too eager in promoting their achievements or hiding their atrocities. so this is just a normal thing, a bad thing, but very normal indeed. if some americans want to believe that irak is fine and dandy, well, they will no matter what. let them be happy and believe it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

oh and btw, did anyone like my letter?
Old 10-14-2003, 01:36 PM   #29
khazadman
User suspended until [Feb13]

Who said that the bad things are all a lie? Anybody ever see the Associated Press photo of the soldier standing guard over the burned out car from the Baghdad police station bombing last week? That was my brother. He could tell you all about the bad things going on there. But he could also tell you about the things that the press is only now beggining to cover. Things like Iraqis getting running water for the first time, or the electrical grid coming back up. Did you know that the marshlands in southern Iraq are being flooded again? The "mainstream media" have been reluctant to report these things.
khazadman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2003, 04:03 PM   #30
Rokenn
Galvatron

Quote:
Who said that the bad things are all a lie? Anybody ever see the Associated Press photo of the soldier standing guard over the burned out car from the Baghdad police station bombing last week? That was my brother. He could tell you all about the bad things going on there. But he could also tell you about the things that the press is only now beggining to cover. Things like Iraqis getting running water for the first time, or the electrical grid coming back up. Did you know that the marshlands in southern Iraq are being flooded again? The "mainstream media" have been reluctant to report these things.
You are practicing selective hearing I think. Last week on NPR they had a week long report on the great success the 101st airborne have been having in rebuilding the area they are in charge of. The Army needs to clone their CO, he has been working magic [img]smile.gif[/img]