Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2002, 08:27 PM   #1
Grundel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

IS he critical to the completion of the game?

I was near him when I got jumped by 3 groups of bats, a group of peircer modais, a group of rank weeds, and a couple of cultist. Even though he tried to run away, he got killed.
Old 01-16-2002, 08:42 PM   #2
fable
Quintesson

By no means. SPOILER...
...He's more or less a hint that you can empty the vault at Arnika's bank, which is no great hint at all: it's pretty obvious, given the electronic controls behind the receptionist's desk.
fable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2002, 09:46 PM   #3
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

He's not a pleasant character, anyway, so I hope you used him for "fodder" for your other characters, LOL!

There's also other ways of emptying that vault, other than the electronics board...

-Saz

"And all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams,
Are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams,
In what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams..."
Sazerac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2002, 12:34 AM   #4
Grundel
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Since I had already cleaned out the vaults using the key cards and the tunnel from the jail, I guess it won't matter [img]smile.gif[/img]

Yeah, he took a couple of bats out for me, and the cultists wasted their spells on him. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 01-17-2002, 12:41 AM   #5
Knarfling
Drow Warrior

As long as you were not the one to kill him you should be fine. I wasted him and found out that the Rakuza hate me now. They wouldn't even talk to me. Which means that I will have to waste Don Barlone in order to win the game. And I don't have a fairy ninja in this party either.

I think that this is his main objective. You talk to him and agree to do the job and the Rakuza like you. You don't have to actually to the job, but if you agree it makes negotiations easier later in the game.

Knarfling
Old 01-17-2002, 04:37 AM   #6
carg
The Magister

I found that Rattus gave me a valuable clue about what to say to Milano Calzone (saw it later in the journal). Of course you can also guess this or get it from a spoiler.
carg is offline   Reply With Quote