Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-10-2004, 03:36 PM   #1
bsftcs
Red Dragon

A Treat for the Spectators

Being the forty-first chapter of Stackman’s adventures

In which the bard finally gets tired of being fobbed off with cliffhangers – especially when being a part of one – and in which the reader is gradually left wondering about the size of the warlock’s backpack.

(Expatiating also upon the forty-second chapter of Bungleau’s Solo Warrior Saga).

”Daddy”… Missy’s almost desperate cry echoed throughout the chamber followed by a deafening silence. ”Missy’s father…”, cried the valkyrie and the warlock simultaneously and looked at each other. ”This is going to be good”, said the warlock, and retrieved a bowl of popcorn from her magic backpack. The bard, who was now fit as a fiddle after the valkyrie had cured his third-degree burns with a restore health spell, jumped up, and they all made themselves comfortable around the popcorn bowl for the great spectacle. Soon Cet disappeared leaving Missy and Kerah to fight, and with him disappeared the flame barrier.

Missy Hissy dodged another elemental blast spell from Kerah and rolled behind a pillar. It was as if Missy was not quite herself. She and Kerah danced about on the floor with Kerah as the aggressive one and Missy seemingly almost loth to attack. Possibly she was still virtually paralyzed by the shock. Suddenly she wised up, though, and with a death-defying attitude she attacked Kerah and dealt her several severe blows. The attack and the sheer power of the enchanted steel made Kerah stagger in amazement. She stumbled and grabbed hold of a pillar. For a moment she stood with an empty expression on her face. Then the expression changed to an almost begging look. She mumbled a few words to Missy. It was impossible for the party to hear what was being said, but judging from Missy’s shrugging it was obvious that she was unable to comply with Kerah’s wishes.

Suddenly the frightened look in Kerah’s eyes disappeared, and they grew cold and mean again. She had seemingly used the small pause to regenerate, and with renewed powers she resumed her attack on Missy Hissy. ”What a spectacle. She is taking another bout just for the spectators’ sake”, whispered the zenmaster ecstatically to the others. And sure enough the fight went on until Kerah once again gasped for air. After another brief pause she attacked once again, and an ecstatic cheer was heard from Stackman’s party.

But suddenly the reflection of a glimmering spark from an elemental blast spell caught the eye of the valkyrie. That she thought odd. The floor of this room had no reflecting properties. She looked again, and sure enough: On certain parts of the floor there were reflections. On further examination they turned out to be small pools of water. Knowing that Missy Hissy was not the type who would wet her pants the valkyrie knew that something had to be wrong since Missy was leaving a trail of water behind.

”The holy water”, it suddenly struck her. And sure enough Missy’s flask of holy water had broken when Cet slew her against the pillar. ”I do not think she is dragging the fight out for the sake of the spectacle”, the valkyrie said agitatedly to the others and jumped to her feet. The baffled assassin and barbarian were right on her heels as she charged towards Kerah. The bard and the warlock looked at each other. This was getting even better. They both gulped down another handful of popcorn and made themselves even more comfortable.

Missy Hissy was exhausted. The prolonged battle was wearing on her and Kerah just kept regenerating. For the moment all she could do was hiding from Kerah’s spells. Suddenly out of the corner of her eye she spotted the valkyrie leaping at Kerah. ”Leave Missy alone”, ranted the valkyrie and thrusted her sword into Kerah’s hip. The surprised angel turned around and hurled an elemental blast at the barbarian causing him to display remarkable agility for such a stubby robust dwarf, when he dodged the spell.

Outnumbered Kerah took to her wings just long enough for the twisted master spell to wear off temporarily. As she soared high above the combattants she asked for water to quench her thirst. The assassin ran back to the warlock and retrieved a flask of holy water from her backpack. In three paces he was back on the floor and with a magnificent leap he scaled several metres in height placing the flask safely in Kerah’s hand and landing safely on his feet again.

The twisted master spell was now completely broken and Kerah descended to the floor. When the party had stopped applauding the assassin’s show of agility they congregated around Missy and Kerah. ”No offence intended and hence, I hope, none perceived, Miss Kerah… or should I call you Mr. Hissy?”, said the valkyrie hinting at the wounds she had inflicted on the angel. ”I wish we could help you”, said the warlock apologizingly, ”but we never carry any potions, and using healing spells on you is bound to crash the game at this point”. ”That is okay”, said Kerah, ”I understand. Then she turned towards the valkyrie and the assassin. ”Thank you for helping me… And between us, I prefer the name Kerah”, she said with a blink in her eye.

When another awkward silence ensued, the valkyrie turned towards the exhausted Missy Hissy. ”Well, I suppose you and Mr. His… erm, I mean your fath… erm, I mean Kerah, have something to talk about”, said the valkyrie. Missy Hissy mustered all her strength and smiled as best she could lifting her hand in a gesture of gratitude.

”Then we had best be going now”, said the valkyrie beckoning the rest of the party to follow her. ”What… right in the middle of the exciting part again?”, said the bard, his voice quivering with disbelief. ”Yes”, replied the valkyrie. ”I refuse to believe it”, said the bard assuming a defiant posture. The valkyrie looked at him in a very commanding manner. The bard wavered for a bit. ”Argh, this is simply unbelievable”, he said, but eventually he started trudging towards the doorway sulking. As he and the party left the room he cast one last glimpse back at Missy and Kerah. They were still in the same postures seemingly finding the situation just as awkward as the party was.

[ 07-02-2004, 04:48 AM: Message edited by: bsftcs ]
Old 01-10-2004, 05:11 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Oh you two have to be working together on this now!!! Admit it!!!

I could smell the popcorn!!!

What's going to happen next??!!??

TELL TELL TELL !!!!

Wyv
Old 01-10-2004, 07:45 PM   #3
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Wha-a-a-a???? How does Missy keep ending up in Stackman's adventures, and Stackman's crew keep ending up in Missy's?

[img]graemlins/angel.gif[/img]

I guess we'll have to see... Stay tuned within the next day or so.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2004, 01:42 AM   #4
macoati
Manshoon

bsftcs: Nice... tie it up! (B: tie it up!)

(hmm...I wonder if I just validated such things as 'collaboration'...nah...I'd NEVER do that!)