Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-13-2001, 08:29 PM   #1
dale5050
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I have tried everything and I am convinced that I have a bad copy of W&W. I have the shroud, have spoken to the dragon with every possible word in my vocabulary...even some naughty ones..he he he and the door will not open to the Mavin. I do not have the word Elseramavin in my vocabulary so I am wondering if there is a bug or something else wrong with the game on my computer. I have typed it numerous times and I have even tried to kill the dragon (but always fail). I am at a loss.....
dale5050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2001, 08:37 PM   #2
Tholarion
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Talk to D'Soto and ask him about Erathsmedor. He'll give you the keyword.

If worse comes to worse, reset adventures.

-FF
Tholarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 10:24 AM   #3
the_young_one
Manshoon

I have faced that problem a few times while replaying the game.

If your party is unable to kill Erathsmedor, then my suggestion is to go back out of Dragonspire, go to the Boogre Cave entrance, cast vanish which will take you to the Doshi-Gin area of the Boogre caves, go to the single treasure chest to the south west and cast vanish again. This will take you to the exit side of Dragonspire and on the road to Brimloch Roon. Then you can continue on with the game and when your party is more experienced, go back into Dragonspire and let out your anger on Erathsmedor!

spoiler alert:

ps: you should cast a "create portal" on the ramp exiting Dragonspire because from the ramp you can jump off and land next to Torin to go back to Ishad N'Ha, and you can cast "teleport" to get from Ishad N'Ha to Brimloch Roon quickly..

pps: if you want to take out Erathsmedor, then you should maximise your protection against fire (hopefully one of your characters has bless and artifact of fire spell and bless those plain rings or armor) and also use blessed up weapons (bless with the artifact of fiend spell)
the_young_one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2001, 09:16 PM   #4
Jason Leonard
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I had this same exact problem just yesterday. After looking back at FAQ's and running myself crazy because I knew I couldn't screw up something that simple...I learned something. When I got the error, I had said Elseramavin to Erathsmador first, then given him the shroud. The Walkthrough I was looking at said to do so. But I noticed that he asks for the secret word AFTER you give him the shroud. It's my theory, then, that if you don't give him the shroud first, but say Elseramavin, he is prompted to describe the mavin sword (probably a bug that was fixed in the unofficial patch) because he's not looking for you to say Elseramavin to open the door yet. And that gets saved as his response for any future times that you might ask him about Elseramavin. It didn't matter what I tried, he gave the same response. So what I did is reload my game, and started by giving him the shroud FIRST, then giving him the word *when he asked for it*. It worked! He opened the door for me [img]smile.gif[/img] It doesn't matter if you type it or click it from the list, the game goes through the same process of responding to your conversations. The keywords just make it quicker to do dialogue.
Jason Leonard is offline   Reply With Quote