Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 04-28-2012, 09:11 PM   #21
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Default Re: New 'old school' game like Eye of the Beholder - Legend of Grimrock

Sweet! I LOVE how thrown weapons are auto-picked up.. unlike EOB, you had to go pick up your daggers, darts and such.. lol..

I just wish they added Dwarf and Elf to the races.. maybe in the future. Bruenor is quite angry being called a HUMAN! hehe

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2012, 10:09 PM   #22
Cerek
Registered Member
Iron Throne Cult

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post
Sweet! I LOVE how thrown weapons are auto-picked up.. unlike EOB, you had to go pick up your daggers, darts and such.. lol..

I just wish they added Dwarf and Elf to the races.. maybe in the future. Bruenor is quite angry being called a HUMAN! hehe
A fantasy game without dwarves or elves???? Seriously? Doesn't sound like it would even be worth the reduced price of $15.
Old 04-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #23
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziroc View Post

I used Micah's portrait set, and created a party with Human, Minotaur, Human, Lizardman. It the Minotaur spot I used a dwarf image (minotaur stats nicely reflect dwarf abilities), and the Lizardman I used the Viconia image. She's my Rogue and Lizardman stats reflect thieving abilities.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 11:57 AM   #24
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

I just started playing this game and did a 10 minute testing ( nearly 12am here) and the snail kill me lol.

I didn't realise the 2nd character would be in the front row together with my 1st character and the 3rd and 4th need to use range/spells as they can't attack with melee. Would be nice if some sort of battle formation can be arrange.

Gonna replay again tommorow after reading some guides.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 01:07 PM   #25
Micah Foehammer
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfBane View Post
I used Micah's portrait set, and created a party with Human, Minotaur, Human, Lizardman. It the Minotaur spot I used a dwarf image (minotaur stats nicely reflect dwarf abilities), and the Lizardman I used the Viconia image. She's my Rogue and Lizardman stats reflect thieving abilities.
I just did a mini-set of 4 minotaurs and 7 lizardmen. The original minotaur pics weren't as good as I was hoping for but I really like a couple of the lizardman.

If you're interested, I can send you a zip file with the tga files in them. If not, no biggie.

Here's a composite preview shot (fullscale) with all 11 pics.

Forgot to add these:

12 new dwarves - all taken from the artwork for "The Hobbit"

All of these 23 portraits went thru the same process; resize, sharpen, crop and save as TGA. Most of them also had a color adjustment (fade correction) as well. IIRC, they are all 200dpi except for ONE of them which is 72 dpi.

http://www.ironworksforum.com/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=3793&dateline=1187636  783

Last edited by Micah Foehammer; 04-29-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Micah Foehammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 04:43 PM   #26
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakero View Post
I just started playing this game and did a 10 minute testing ( nearly 12am here) and the snail kill me lol.

I didn't realise the 2nd character would be in the front row together with my 1st character and the 3rd and 4th need to use range/spells as they can't attack with melee. Would be nice if some sort of battle formation can be arrange.

Gonna replay again tommorow after reading some guides.

Yeah... I put my mage and thief in the back.. and gave the mage a spear (which CAN reach them!!! wee!) and the thief a throwing knife.. works well so far..

Old 05-03-2012, 05:31 PM   #27
ElfBane
Mephistopheles

I'm stopped at Level 5 Chamber of Pits. The puzzle is way to twitchy, and needs to move slower. I may eventually get it, but right now it's a game-stopper, because the second ornate key is in the room I can't get to because of the puzzle.

@Ziroc... I don't see how you'll be able to complete the game with a bum hand. The game needs a puzzle slider that will enable the puzzles to be slowed down.

Iraq and Afghan fatalities: 6,855 and counting. Silence IS consent.
ElfBane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:09 AM   #28
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Evasion = King, I'm so tempted to restart a new game and create an all evasion party. Even with high protection my front two tanks get pounded if I don't use hit and run tactic.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:46 AM   #29
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

I agree. Pounded or Poisoned I almost restarted too. I spent some points into something that I didn't need really.. but I'm doing good.. wish they had a way to reset skill points like WOW did.. no worries though.

On level 6, that Ogre was HARD to kill.. but once I got my Rogue's skill to attack from the back with a Melee weapon, it helped a lot. I had him holding a torch and a throwing item. My mage uses the staff/wand and a spear, so if her mana runs out, she can attack from the rear too.

LOVE it so far!!

Old 05-04-2012, 01:53 AM   #30
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Smiley Re: New 'old school' game like Eye of the Beholder - Legend of Grimrock

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElfBane View Post
I'm stopped at Level 5 Chamber of Pits. The puzzle is way to twitchy, and needs to move slower. I may eventually get it, but right now it's a game-stopper, because the second ornate key is in the room I can't get to because of the puzzle.

@Ziroc... I don't see how you'll be able to complete the game with a bum hand. The game needs a puzzle slider that will enable the puzzles to be slowed down.

Yeah right??

Na, I play the game with my left hand on the keypad to move, its easy for me due to playing EOB way too many times. And just use the mouse to fight. Sucky thing is, even that hurts my hand after about an hour. So I take a break.

BTW: Maybe your framerate is sluggish due to one of your character's weight limit is high? (this will slow down and even stop players). or if its actually the GAME that is slow, maybe turn down the graphics a bit--someone on the official forums had an issue with the moving teleporter puzzle, and they lowered the graphics a bit, and it sped up the movement greatly.