Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 03-16-2012, 06:58 PM   #11
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Default Re: Installed 6 more gigs of Gskill ram, and it reboots before Win7 loads??!?

I understand, I am talking about you wanting to OC that amount of ram which is more than sufficient enough at stock speeds for what you want to do, is all.

OC'ed ram usually only shows up on benchmarks. In practice, and in my own experience there is usually no discernable gain from soley OC'ed ram (especially that amount of ram because you have hit the 4gig integer). If you want a performance boost look to the CPU or even GPU (which we discussed already) and if you are still bent on it then perhaps tweak the ram with these in tandem. But overclocked ram alone is generally accepted to be kinda pointless unless the ram is like, archaic.

Hey it's your hardware - just offering some feedback and maybe a way to prolong its life. Ask around they will tell you the same.
Old 03-17-2012, 01:04 AM   #12
Ziroc
Ironworks Webmaster

Bow to the Meow

Default Re: Installed 6 more gigs of Gskill ram, and it reboots before Win7 loads??!?

Oh, I get what you are saying.. I've been overclocking since the early 2000s
I just like to lock my ram at 1600. It's worth it, even if its a slight difference.

On a positive note about pulling 2 harddrives--2 less heat makers.. 80f each... lol
(They were the old ones, and small in size. this new one to die was only 480 gig)

I'm just glad I got a bluray burner for Christmas.. they are cheap as hell now, BUT the MEDIA is what I waited on mainly.. Good Verbatim 25gig discs are now $1.15 a disc!

I mean, when you have 3 terabytes of data, and want to back it up... DVD's just don't cut it. It would take forever.... And in 14-20 mins, you burn 25 gigs a pop.. I don't even WANT to think how many DVD's it would have taken... hahah

The Great Escape Studios - 2D/3D Modeling
www.tgeweb.com & Ziroc's Facebook Page
Visit My Flickr Photo Album
Ziroc is offline   Reply With Quote