Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2003, 09:18 AM   #1
Russ
Manshoon

I've been toodling around, oh, I guess lately it was hanging out with imps and the like, you know... but I've noticed lately that wizard eye sets off traps as it flies by.

This is a serious bug, because WE is invisible, and moves quickly. If a mage has knock, and a good collection of wizard eye, where's the need for a rogue at all? Granted, summoned creatures have always been able to be force-marched in front of a party... but that brings the risk of losing them just as an ambush occurs, whereas the WE can simply bypass some of the traps it sets off as it zooms down the road... and then the mage can confidently cross a third to half the darned map, confident of not meeting up with punji sticks and the like...

is there a fix in for this one?
Old 06-30-2003, 09:21 AM   #2
Vedran
Lord Soth

I'm not sure if it is a bug, but Wizard Eye still can't detrap doors and containers.
Vedran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 11:32 AM   #3
BaRoN NiGhT

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ:
I've been toodling around, oh, I guess lately it was hanging out with imps and the like, you know... but I've noticed lately that wizard eye sets off traps as it flies by.
wizard eye don't just sets off trap, but also triggers some trap, like the example below:
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
somewhere in the place in the 'spellhold' quest, where there r 2 rooms which if u cross it, will trigger the door to close and summons some umber hulks.wizard eye can be the 'kamikaze' thing to trigger the trap, so u dont have to be trapped alone with the umber hulks that r ready to kick yer ass.

Quote:
Originally posted by Russ:
WE is invisible, and moves quickly. If a mage has knock, and a good collection of wizard eye, where's the need for a rogue at all?
well now u know what mages r really r [img]graemlins/evillaughter1.gif[/img] . really versatile.

--------------------
BaRoN NiGhT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2003, 01:25 PM   #4
Russ
Manshoon

Right. And the point is, it shouldn't set off or trigger ANYTHING.... it's a floating invisible bit of spell focus...
Old 07-01-2003, 02:26 AM   #5
LennonCook
Jack Burton

There are only a few traps which Summons can trigger, or so I thought... can a sword spider trigger them for you? If they can't, it's definately bugged.
LennonCook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 02:32 AM   #6
BaRoN NiGhT

i've never tried it either.but i think summon creatures can't trigger or set off traps.an exception fo wizard eye, cause maybe it is a wizard eyes speciality to do that.just my opinion though.

--------------------
BaRoN NiGhT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2003, 11:02 AM   #7
Russ
Manshoon

I may be mistaken about most of the other summons... a cruel mage could do that... (ethics of summoning creatures is very grey)... but the WE unhinges the already teetering class balances...