Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-06-2004, 10:02 PM   #11
SomeGuy
Unicorn

I was once asked if the people in Oklahoma still lived in teepees...
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 06-06-2004, 10:05 PM   #12
Dirty Meg
Baaz Draconian

Quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
And do they?
Old 06-06-2004, 10:11 PM   #13
SomeGuy
Unicorn

Quote:
Originally posted by Dirty Meg:
quote:
Originally posted by SomeGuy:
And do they? [/QUOTE]Um... no dude. [img]tongue.gif[/img] lol You weren't serious about this were you? lol
\"I firmly believe that any man\'s finest hour, the greatest fulfillment of all that he holds dear, is the moment when he has worked his heart out in a good cause and lies exhausted on the field of battle - victorious.\"<br />-Vince Lombardi
Old 06-06-2004, 10:15 PM   #14
Dirty Meg
Baaz Draconian

[img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 06-06-2004, 10:16 PM   #15
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

I once asked a kid from michigan if they spoke english there [img]graemlins/hehe.gif[/img] but in my defense I was but a child, and had no idea there was a world beyond mine
Old 06-06-2004, 11:37 PM   #16
Nerull
Lord Ao

I was asked a dumb questions by a Japanese tourist at the airport here in San Antonio (I was working there at the time). He asked if we all still rode horses and had gunfights in the middle of the street. I couldn't believe he had asked me that; I knew I insulted him by laughing in his face, but I couldn't help it. I know the Old West holds a fascination for the Japanese (and Old West and Samurai stories can be translated back and forth between the genres easily enough), but I would hope they really don't think that we have tumbleweeds blowing down the middle of our street (i.e. I am hoping that he was pulling my leg). However, he did keep a straight face the whole time, so it did leave me wondering. I just told him that all of that was in the movies, and had not existed for decades. He just thanked me and moved to another seat away from me (probably because I laughed at him).
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin
Old 06-06-2004, 11:41 PM   #17
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I hate to tell you, Stormy, but we don't speak English here...

We speak American [img]smile.gif[/img]

My worst encounter... nothing that compares with yours, but... I do not suffer fools well. And I have noticed lately that many people using computer systems in the work force are not exactly computer literate... in fact, they're more like four-year-olds (except my four-year-old can do more).

Has anyone else ever found themselves ready to say, "Look. Just turn the monitor and keyboard around so I can see them, and I'll tell you what to do... in fact, hand them over to me. We'll be out of here quicker."

So much of that lately... [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:12 AM   #18
Dedzy
The Magister

I lived in Austria a few years ago. When relating a story from there to a coworker, she asked me "Wow! That is sooo cool! Did you see any kangaroos?"

I already knew she was pretty dumb, but that clinched it for me.
Old 06-07-2004, 01:24 AM   #19
Firestormalpha
Knight of the Rose

Zelda Champion Snake Champion
Hmm let's see, One of my friends was caught in a lie by her boyfriend (he can't stand liars and was extremelty close to ending the relationship then and there) She asked me if she should try and cover it up with another lie or if she should just fess up. Hmmm.... He hates lying and that's what she's in trouble for in the first place, what do you think?

"We are never to judge a philosophy by its abuse." - Augustine

"If you're wondering if God has a sense of humor, consider the platypus."

http://www.greaterthings.cbglades.com
Old 06-07-2004, 07:37 AM   #20
Nerull
Lord Ao

Quote:
Originally posted by Bungleau:
My worst encounter... nothing that compares with yours, but... I do not suffer fools well. And I have noticed lately that many people using computer systems in the work force are not exactly computer literate... in fact, they're more like four-year-olds (except my four-year-old can do more).

Has anyone else ever found themselves ready to say, "Look. Just turn the monitor and keyboard around so I can see them, and I'll tell you what to do... in fact, hand them over to me. We'll be out of here quicker."

So much of that lately... [img]smile.gif[/img]
All the time at my work, and it drives me up a wall. How hard is it to open email? We're on an NT system that does not require a password to get into the email. Just double click! I finally got to the point where I refuse to help anyone now with computer related issues. I'm already unpopular at work as it is; I'm sure that doesn't help much.
[img]\"ubb/noncgi/smiles/new/ghoul.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br />\"The middle class pays all of the taxes, does all of the work.<br />The lower class exists just to scare the middle class.\"<br />-George Carlin