Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 04-02-2001, 06:01 AM   #1
Charlie
Lord Ao

SPOILERS IN THIS POST....SPOILERS IN THIS POST....SPOILERS IN THIS POST....
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

If I dump a party member or they die, can I pick them back up and resume any quests etc that they have?

I currently have Edwin with the Nether Scroll (although he's never mentioned it since he received it) in my party but want to dump him temporarily to do other stuff. Will his Nether Scroll quest be resumed when I get him back? I want to offload him permanently eventually, will I know when his quest is complete and does it take a long time to get to the end of?

Also as above but with Jaheira. I think that she has started the romance bit with me (but she's such a sour cow that I'm not sure.) If I dump her will she still resume her quest/storyline upon retrieval? How do I know when she has begun her romance plot and will I know when her quest is finished?

And again with Nalia. I want this woman gone from my party ASAP but want to finish the funeral/marriage quests, any way to get her on the "hurry up"?

Finally, if a quest/romance related party member dies, upon resurrection do they carry on with their quests/romance plots as if nothing has happened?

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 04-02-2001, 06:09 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

SPOILERS...............

Quote:
If I dump a party member or they die, can I pick them back up and resume any quests etc that they have?
Yes - provided their quest didn't have a time limit.

Quote:
I currently have Edwin with the Nether Scroll (although he's never mentioned it since he received it) in my party but want to dump him temporarily to do other stuff. Will his Nether Scroll quest be resumed when I get him back? I want to offload him permanently eventually, will I know when his quest is complete and does it take a long time to get to the end of?
The trigger's kind of random with Edwin, but usually happens in Chapter 6 at the earliest.

Quote:
Also as above but with Jaheira. I think that she has started the romance bit with me (but she's such a sour cow that I'm not sure.) If I dump her will she still resume her quest/storyline upon retrieval? How do I know when she has begun her romance plot and will I know when her quest is finished?
If you dump her you will most likely miss out on the romance, especially if it's been initiated. Her other quests should still be ok.

Quote:
And again with Nalia. I want this woman gone from my party ASAP but want to finish the funeral/marriage quests, any way to get her on the "hurry up"?
Where are you up to with her, mate?

Quote:
Finally, if a quest/romance related party member dies, upon resurrection do they carry on with their quests/romance plots as if nothing has happened?
Yes.

------------------
My name is Memnoch. And your name is...destined to be a footnote in the sands of time.
Old 04-02-2001, 06:29 AM   #3
Charlie
Lord Ao

Thanks Memnoch.

Second time through and you'd think I should know some of this stuff.

I'm doing a single player multi game (a contradiction in terms I know) and only have room for two NPC's at a time. Basically I'm still in Chapter 1 or 2 and will remain so until I've completed as many quests/sidequests as possible. Basically I'm trying to gain as much XP for as many things as I can purely for personal amusement. I'm trying to juggle things as best as I can without missing out on anybody/quest/sidequest....usual thing...I wanna see'n'do it all.

With Nalia I've just got the keep from her but can't remember how long it took for the next part of her plot to be revealed.

Jaheira - I'm not sure if she's started the romance but Aerie copped the hump and left me overnight so I'm guessing so.

If Edwin doesn't start his caper until chapter 6, can I dump him now and get him later, still resuming the Nether Scroll Quest?

I'm not sure I done any "time related" quests last time. Which are they?

What do you think is the best methodology to go about achieving my goals? Which rough order would you suggest I pick up/drop NPC's.

Any input appreciated.

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 04-02-2001, 07:55 AM   #4
Lord Shield

If you start a romance, once you dump that person from your group, the romance ends and will not restart.

Old 04-02-2001, 09:44 AM   #5
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

i just really explored the grave yard for the first time. now i have a bunch of little quests with no idea what to do.
some guy wants me to avenge his son or something.

and some guy got buried and i've got a red rag, but dont know who it came from

and i'm supposed to find somebody to take some orphan.

and what sewer is hear'dalis in?

------------------
Old 04-02-2001, 09:57 AM   #6
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

here are the answers : if i can recall them

- avenge his son... sorry forgot that one

- the red rag... find the guy all dressed in red... (hint and spoil: he is in the bridge district)

- spoil: in the lower right side of the map of the graveyard... there is a priest with a small girl, she is an orpahn and you find the paladin guy also in the graveyard and tell him about the girls problems..

- spoil: he is in the sewer under the temple district open those hidden doors... in the northen part of the map

------------------
Revived I Am to hunt this world... Banish ye evil or face my wrath...
Old 04-02-2001, 06:34 PM   #7
Lord Shield

spoil: the paladin doesn't need his son avenged. tell paladin about the orphan girl and go from there

Old 04-02-2001, 06:43 PM   #8
Tancred
White Dragon

Another spoiler:
Visit the graveyard at night and see the halfling boy's ghost walk the yard near his grave. Follow his advice and instructions. Find his killer, give him back his teddy, then meet his parents in the daytime to tell them the good news.

Got it? Good. Now GET BACK OUT THERE! Those quests aren't solving themselves!

Tancred

"You just can't get the staff these days."
- Irenicus, on golems
Old 04-03-2001, 12:06 AM   #9
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Tancred:
Another spoiler:
Visit the graveyard at night and see the halfling boy's ghost walk the yard near his grave. Follow his advice and instructions. Find his killer, give him back his teddy, then meet his parents in the daytime to tell them the good news.

Got it? Good. Now GET BACK OUT THERE! Those quests aren't solving themselves!

Tancred

"You just can't get the staff these days."
- Irenicus, on golems
i know why waste time here.
play the damn game right?