Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-05-2001, 04:33 PM   #1
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

I got some random item locations in the Severed Hand.

After you reach the safe level of Lethias (4th?), where you can choose any tower to enter; go south to the priest tower. The first level has an NPC but no chests. the 2nd level has one random chest to the north east. It contains one or 3 random warhammers (Sanctified whmr +2, Whmr +2 (+1electrical) and Whmr +2 sparks (the best)..). The next level up looks like a church or something. Up at the podium there is a chest that contains: Elvin Chain +3 or Ring of Strength, or potion of str -1, dex +1.
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2001, 07:12 PM   #2
ThanatosDoS
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks. I will check this out tonight. I am at the towers of the severed hand now.

I love this game! ( a la Ghostbusters )

------------------
Thanatos (Dispositioner of Souls)

ThanatosDoS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2001, 09:13 AM   #3
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

Actually, there's TWO suits of Elvin Chain. The Second suit is found as a random item on Kaylessa. It's just called "chain mail", but it has all the same properties of the normal Elvin Chain +3 (I guess Kaylessa is an Elf, and her chain mail is therefor, elvin? )
Old 06-10-2001, 04:17 AM   #4
Xod
Zhentarim Guard

Kaylessa's Elvin Chain also has +1 to dex.

------------------

"This place will be your tomb."
Xod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 07:47 PM   #5
Glycerine
Manshoon

I tried and tried to get that suit of chain off of her but she kept dropping her bow! (Which was worthless to me since I really didn't have any characters that could use it.) I must have killed her 15 times at least.

Glycerine
Glycerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2001, 10:49 PM   #6
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

Well, i believe that the way the Infinity Engine works is that it generates random items when it loads a screen for the first time. When you first entered Kaylessa's room, her random item was determined and saved. So, if you want to find her chainmail, you'd have to load a game from before you ever entered her room. Then i'd suggest quick saving in her room and killing her for the goods. If you get something you like, reload your quicksave and talk to her nicely so you can complete the quest. If she gives you some bad item, just reload and enter her room (for the first time) again.
She left you a BOWL? is that some sort clay 'pot'? or maybe a 'bowl of sparking'?