Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2000, 06:24 PM   #11
Tara

If only it were so simple. I haven't been able to restart my game since my posting due to extreme frustration and fatigue. I think the earlier post is right though- may be bug with putting on protection from undead too early making him invincible to even sitting there hitting ctrl + y for 100 rounds- and believe me I wish that was a joke!!

Old 11-14-2000, 06:56 PM   #12
Glorick the Half-Orc

Here is the answer!

Get the +1 Flame Tongue (+4 vs Undead) you find in Umar hills(?). Cast Prot. From Undead on minsc. When he turns into demi-lich, run upstairs fast! Make sure he dies on the FAR SIDE, NOT THE SIDE NEAR THE EXIT. Come back in and make sure none of your chars are in his LOS (he can't move as a demi-lich btw). Have minsc bash away at him with the flame tongue. He will do only 2 to 4 hps per shot, but he will prevail solo, with the lowly flame tongue, with just one scroll used. The staff of the magi and the holy avenger also work (both are +5).

Old 11-15-2000, 12:00 AM   #13
Tara

Well, just to thank all of you for your help and support, and good ideas. I went back finally and it was true- if you have one person who is not proteced by protection from undead- just spell immunity - abjuration you can kill the little bug. SQUISH! That felt good!

Old 11-15-2000, 03:42 AM   #14
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Beating Kangaxx is a perfect example of using strategy and thinking your approach through. At first i thought it was the toughest battle in the game, but when you work out how to do it it's a piece of cake. When he turns into the demilich, you only need 2 things to kill him:

1. Protection from Magic will make you impervious to any spell he casts at you.
2. A +4 weapon (NOT +5) will damage him. Eg. Flame Tongue (+4 vs Undead). Staff of Rynn +4.

All of the above are available at Adventurers Mart early in the game.

THAT'S ALL YOU NEED. No other spells or anything. His magic resistance is high so they probably won't work and he has multiple contingency spells anyway.

Protection from Undead also works by making him ignore you. So you can hammer away at him and he will do nothing. but do it AFTER he turns into the demilich otherwise he will never turn into the demilich. Protection from Magic is better IMO because you effectively have 100% resistance and you can cast it from the start.

Once you figure him out he's easy.
Old 11-15-2000, 04:13 AM   #15
Armisael

I still have no idea how everyone managed to get caught up on this one. The demilich is just too easy with Protection from Magic. It costs the same as Protection from Undead, anyway.

Old 11-15-2000, 04:16 AM   #16
Armisael

And I swear I said Protection from Magic, not Protection from Undead in my earlier post. Ah well...