Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-19-2001, 11:14 AM   #21
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Garnet:
Stop reminding me! I feel old enough!!!

My son was quite surprised to learn how many of you guys were close to his age.......For some reason he thought I was talking to a bunch of old fogies. :shrug:

Garnet
Eh? Speak up! My ears aren't what they used to be and all my hair is grey.
All of these 14 and 13 year old people around make me feel old.

Old 10-19-2001, 11:23 AM   #22
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by SSJ4Sephiroth:
seriously, how many of you 'older folks' tend to ignore us 'little kids' merely because we're kids? i was rereading some things lately, and realized that the younger ones were almost completely ignored. i think i speak for us all when i say that our opinions are as valid as the next man's, albeit slightly less informed possibly. so the question is, do you people tend to dismiss us because we're younger, whether you realize it or not? and if so, why?

No way. I usually don't know who are 'kids' and who are not, anyway. Of those I DO know, I hold their opinons in respect. Lioness, Kaz, Jabidas, Neb (I only just found out Neb is a teen) - to name just the first that come to mind - are very intelligent and well worth listening to.
And I enjoy the fun posts of people like Tiamat who don't want to get too serious, as well.
So stop worrying Sephiroth! You are valued!

I just wish your sig was a whole lot shorter - I get greyer waiting for it to go past....

------------------

Dubbed Queen of the Illuminati by Diogenes.

[This message has been edited by Fljotsdale (edited 10-19-2001).]
Old 10-19-2001, 11:27 AM   #23
Neb

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
No way. I usually don't know who are 'kids' and who are not, anyway. Of those I DO know, I hold their opinons in respect. Lioness, Kaz, Jabidas, Neb (I only just found out Neb is a teen) - to name just the first that come to mind - are very intelligent and well worth listening to.
And I enjoy the fun posts of people like Tiamat who don't want to get too serious, as well.
So stop worrying Sephiroth! You are valued!
How old did you think I was Fljotsdale? I'm quite amazed that people could think I wasn't a teen.

Old 10-19-2001, 11:29 AM   #24
Sorcerer Alex

Well I must say I'm impressed with how much people listen to each other on here, regardless of age. I haven't seen any instances where younger people have been ignored merely because they've seen fewer moons than some of the older members. I haven't been ignored or brushed aside by any other members either, which I'm pleased about, as I know I'm not among the oldest on this board. Still, in a few months I'll be eighteen, so come March 4th I'll start demanding some real respect.... lol....

------------------

Formidable Flirty Fishy Sorcerer of the HADB

Old 10-19-2001, 11:37 AM   #25
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
How old did you think I was Fljotsdale? I'm quite amazed that people could think I wasn't a teen.

Dunno, really. I don't think about people's age, only what they say, but I guess I thought you were in your 20's.

*PING!* A thought strikes me - YOU must be 'da maturestest'!, lol!

*runs away, laughing*

------------------

Old 10-19-2001, 11:39 AM   #26
Neb

Quote:
Dunno, really. I don't think about people's age, only what they say, but I guess I thought you were in your 20's.

*PING!* A thought strikes me - YOU must be 'da maturestest'!, lol!

*runs away, laughing*

Well, counting you, five or six people here have mistaken me from being 20 to 30+ years old, and I can't be 'da maturestest', 250 already has that title, but maybe I should try to gain it for myself?

Old 10-19-2001, 11:43 AM   #27
DragonMage
20th Level Warrior

Seph, hon. Sorry if you feel you've been overlooked. I'm twice your age and have posts go unresponded to sometimes. I just don't let it bother me because I figure: 1. I missed the point and confused someone with my response, 2. It got overlooked in and amongst other posts, 3. I said something that noone understood and therefore ppl didn't know how to respond to me, 4. any or all of the above or maybe even a reason I didn't think of.

Point is: it's nothing personal, I'm sure. Don't take it to heart, hon. Repeat yourself if you feel you need to and/or want a response. End it with, "what do you think?" or "was that clear?" or something (I do this sometimes on the War on Terrorism forum). But don't think it's because someone doesn't think your opinion is worthless or something. It just isn't true.

(((((HUGS))))) and a *smoochie* for you.

------------------

Alureth...Dragon friend of Breanna, Mage and Advisor in the Court of Lady Lioness

Co-Owner/Operator of the Evil Petting Zoo and devout member of the HADB clan.
Commander of the Dragon Fleet, IW Peacekeeping Force
Sublime Sister of the Illuminati - may the Light shine forever!
Second Historian and Scribe of IW. Mother Hen of IW.
Mage extraordinair, Pin-Up Girl for the OLD-COOTS
Magey-Wagey: performer in the Nekked Dancing Trio of the ORT.

Hopeless Romantic *sigh*
Old 10-19-2001, 11:46 AM   #28
Neb

Quote:
Originally posted by DragonMage:
(((((HUGS))))) and a *smoochie* for you.

I wonder what I need to post to get that kind of response.
Old 10-19-2001, 11:53 AM   #29
Fljotsdale

Quote:
Originally posted by Neb:
Well, counting you, five or six people here have mistaken me from being 20 to 30+ years old, and I can't be 'da maturestest', 250 already has that title, but maybe I should try to gain it for myself?

I have a suspicion, Neb, that when people SEE young ones 'in the flesh' they make assumptions based on age and expect them to be immature and have their minds on 'fun' all the time. We don't realise how mature they may actually be, so some people may tend to treat them as 'kids' who have no claim to respect other than their being human.

On the forum, without the distraction of seeing 'a teenager' or 'a child', we just see the PERSON, and read their views, and assume adulthood because they are mature and sensible (MOST of you!). I LIKE the forum for that. It puts us all on an equal footing, regardless of age, race, gender, religion.

------------------

Old 10-19-2001, 11:55 AM   #30
Neb

Quote:
I have a suspicion, Neb, that when people SEE young ones 'in the flesh' they make assumptions based on age and expect them to be immature and have their minds on 'fun' all the time. We don't realise how mature they may actually be, so some people may tend to treat them as 'kids' who have no claim to respect other than their being human.

On the forum, without the distraction of seeing 'a teenager' or 'a child', we just see the PERSON, and read their views, and assume adulthood because they are mature and sensible (MOST of you!). I LIKE the forum for that. It puts us all on an equal footing, regardless of age, race, gender, religion.

Let me assure you of something Fljotsdale, assuming most teenagers to be immature and having their minds on fun all the time is actually true in most cases, I go to school with the biggest bunch of immature and childish persons and they're all teenagers.