Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum > Wizards & Warriors Archives

Old 12-01-2000, 01:34 AM   #1
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I read in here notes by two different people saying they had killed the dragon, though one was implausible. I tried it once before I had the Mavin Sword, however the party was too weak. BUT, I was using the time honored method of fighting till near death then running into the anteroom, pulling the lever, and going out to rest and recuperate. The dragon will follow you however. About the third time I ran out the dragon followed me into the anteroom, and when I pulled the lever, it got caught between the doors, stuck, and got crush damage when the doors started to close. After three hours it was down to a small amount of red on its hit bar. I opened the lever because I wouldn't get the exp if the door killed it. Then it slaughtered me. I didn't mind because I didn't have the sword.

After brooding about this for a while (after I got the sword) I went back ... the party was stronger and I had much better weapons from around the lagoon. After about three hours it was dead ... it would have been thirty minutes if I had done everything right. What a fight! The only really good fight I've had in this game. Great fun, and each character got 308 000 exp points! For some of my characters one third of their entire total of exp points is from this one fight!
Old 12-01-2000, 07:53 AM   #2
Drukus

I still dont see why you poor, sad little people have to kill the Dragons. Dragons are noble and mystical creatures, if your only doing it for the experience points... its not worth it. I have 4 level 38 characters, and i have not killed one NPC or to say the least, Dragon. So leave these great old masters alone.
The year 2000 is the Year of the dragon, let them have a good one!

Old 12-01-2000, 08:32 PM   #3
thoon
Elite Waterdeep Guard

How could you possibly get to level 38 ?