Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 03-27-2004, 01:42 PM   #1
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

I was just playing through the OC, and my fighter/paladin (10/3 respectively) did nowhere NEAR the amount of damage that Grimgraw did. I have a greatsword +1 and even when I criticaled I did around 3/4 of the damage Grimgraw did. How is this possible, my strength mod is +3. Furthermore, when I fought him regularly, even with potions, red dragon armor and shield of the watcher w/ 28 ac in total he whooped my ass. Is it just me or is Grimgraw totally overpowered?
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2004, 02:32 PM   #2
Stratos
Vampire

Monks have a base damage of 1d20 from lv. 16 and upwards, add strength bonuses to that and you have quite alot of damage. Monks also get five attacks per round, so that will make for some serious damage each round if they hit.

Monk gloves doesn't add any extra damage, other than elemental perhaps, so any of the warrior classes should be able to do at least as much damage as a Monk. Maybe not so in, but definately in HotU where the weapons available are really powerful. Monks also only have 3/4 the BAB of a Fighter or Paladin.
Old 03-27-2004, 03:19 PM   #3
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

In 1.9 they were since they could use shields [img]smile.gif[/img] . They have a terrible ab thoough so usually that serves to balance things out.