Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 06-22-2001, 10:05 PM   #1
8Ball
Dungeon Master

I'm bored
so I've decided to be annoying and post something that doesn't have any real .... thing to it. (wow i'm good)

What are your most favourite OLD Games? I mean old games...old as in Sierra Point and Click games...Kings Quest...Quest for Glory...Hell: A Cyberpunk Thriller, etc.

If you're bored like me or just wanna talk about this, give me a list of your fave classical games/moments. Hell! It doesn't HAVE to be OLD....

My two favourite scenes come from Quest for Glory I: So You Want to be a Hero when our beloved Hero the Adventurer is knocked off the doorstep to 'Enry the 'Obbit. I love that furry li'l guy. My other favourite scene when we journey to the magical Tower and we see Fenrus for the first time. What a brilliant rat that magic rodent was. He was the original rodent. Boo is but a mere copy.

------------------
Does it please you to opress me, to spurn the work of your hands, while you smile upon the schemes of the wicked? Do you have eyes of flesh? Do you see as a mortal sees? Sometimes I feel like you want me to fail...
Old 06-22-2001, 10:10 PM   #2
Pain-Wrath
Banned User

Mine is made by Sierra, and it's whether you can be a beast or a man, you have to figure out certain traps and such to get out of the dungeon, 2 player is really hard though
Old 06-23-2001, 01:35 AM   #3
Charean
Hathor

One of the games I used to love (on an old Amiga, if you can believe it) was THEY CAME FROM THE DESERT....great game never did find an updated version...

And of course.. Leisure Suit Larry

Okay... I am reaching and they aren't really RPGs... but I really miss em.

------------------

Defender for the Light -
Goodness knows there is a lot of Dark out there!! - Where are my matches?!?
Wandering Soul - Finding my life's calling is Bodhisattva
You are what your deep driving desire is; As your deep driving desire is, so is your will; As your will is so is your deed; As your deed is so is your destiny.
The Upanishads
Old 06-23-2001, 01:47 AM   #4
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Hi Charean!

I am trying to remember the first game I got on my old PC jr. It was one where there were no 'graphics' only text and you had to type in commands like 'e' for east and 'look up'! At the time I thought it was the greatest thing and spent days and days playing it!

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
Old 06-23-2001, 01:57 AM   #5
8Ball
Dungeon Master

Liesure Suit Larry I

When I have sex with the stripper without wearing protection and simply die from STDs
great moment in gaming history.

It doesn't HAVE to be an RPG. Most of my favourite moments come from adventures such as Lucas Arts games.

Sam and Max Hit the Road
--Sam singing a song about Abe Lincoln "Abe Abe Bo Babe Bananabana Bo Babe Fee Fie Foe Fabe...Abe!"

------------------
Does it please you to opress me, to spurn the work of your hands, while you smile upon the schemes of the wicked? Do you have eyes of flesh? Do you see as a mortal sees? Sometimes I feel like you want me to fail...
Old 06-23-2001, 08:31 AM   #6
bilqis
Symbol of Cyric

Anyone remember Maniac Mansion? What a fun game that was.Well, in my opinion it was.
And yes, Leisure Suit Larry 1 & 2, and Sam & Max Hit the Road -- also hilarious.

My absolute favorite 'old' RPG was Betrayal at Krondor. The only RPG other than the BG & IWD ones that I ever replayed multiple times. *sigh* Those were the days.

------------------

Having abandoned my
search for truth, I am
now looking for a good
fantasy.

Thank you to the kind R³
for being such eloquent
& witty spokesmen.

[This message has been edited by bilqis (edited 06-23-2001).]
Old 06-24-2001, 07:08 AM   #7
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Lands of Lore1, my introduction to the rpg genre and also one of the best rpg´s i´ve ever played.
I seem to be only one that liked it though.

------------------

Those who watch their backs meet death from the front- Dreamer128 paladin of the order of the holy flame.

[This message has been edited by Dreamer128 (edited 06-24-2001).]
Old 06-24-2001, 01:38 PM   #8
caleb
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Sepiroth dropping from the ceiling and killing aeris in FF7....hey it was my first playstation game thats kinda old

------------------

BOW TO THE BISCUIT KING AND HIS THRONE OF SCONE!!!

[This message has been edited by caleb (edited 06-24-2001).]
Old 06-24-2001, 01:58 PM   #9
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

How peculiar, my mates daughter has not five minutes ago shown me a box for one of daddys old games, the game is Eye of the Beholder 2 the Legend of Darkmoon. On the front is the picture that the Magister Avatar is taken from which appears with the post # on the left underneath the posters name. I knew i recognised that picture. Charean, the game you mention is called IT (not they ) came from the Desert and i d/l'd and played it a couple of weeks back.

I think all the games mentioned here can still be legally downloaded from this site (including "IT" etc etc) http://www.theunderdogs.org (Thanks Frugal )

An absolutely top class site and one well worth bookmarking if you like to reminisce or play the odd oldie.

ENJOY

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 06-24-2001, 02:06 PM   #10
Lord of Alcohol
Xanathar Thieves Guild

Its not an rpg but I used to love playing the original Master of Orion, Moo2 was too easy. I cant get it to load on newer computers though which sucks I havent been able to play it in years