Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Roleplaying > Ironworks Online Roleplaying

Old 12-07-2001, 01:40 PM   #1
Neb
Account deleted by Request

(OOC:

Anyone can join this RP, you are not required to be a member of any clan and you can join at any time [img]smile.gif[/img]

This RP starts with your character as a crewmember or passenger of the gigantic spaceship Tyrenor, it's the year 4456 A.D. and great leaps in technology have been made since our time. The Tyrenor itself is over 8 miles long and fitted with some of the most advanced technology known, it has military class armaments and well-trained security forces, but also quite a few leisure attractions such as swimming pools and tennis courts. This is due to the fact that 75% of the people on board the Tyrenor are civilian passengers who are coming along for the adventure, their payments have funded 45% of the Tyrenor's construction costs.

The Tyrenor's population is made up of both humans and other races, feel free to make up your own race when joining this RP, but remember, nothing immortal or godlike, shapeshifters and psychic races are fine, but that's pushing the limits of what's allowed.)

As the story begins the Tyrenor is heading towards the Antares system from Alpha Centauri, it's just been built in the Alpha Centauri shipdocks and is about to activate it's advanced and newly developed anti-matter engines.....

"Full power to engines, disable shield and weapons systems."
"Shields and weapons disabled, engines powering up."
"This is your captain speaking, prepare for launch in 1 hour, we recommend that you are in your cabin at that time as you may otherwise experience some discomfort."

(OOC: Now, this pre-launch time is where you're supposed to introduce your characters and perhaps have a few of them interact with each other though you can do it after the launch as well

I won't harshly control this story, feel free to introduce personal sub-plots or start up new stories that may require their own threads

I'll probably hear a few of you ask me "How advanced is the technology?" But I won't bother answering it now, just ask me whether anything you've got an idea for is too advanced and I'll tell you.)
Neb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 01:53 PM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

*higly advanced intercom shouting*
All trekkies report to the bridge

Well, it does seem interesting, but I prefer fantasy to sci-fi at the moment. (except when I'm a [img]graemlins/borgboy.gif[/img] that is )

Maybe later Neb (2455 years later)

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Legolas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 02:02 PM   #3
Dresdan
Zhentarim Guard

Entering the ship he stares around in wonder at the imensness of it all. He finds the directory for the crewmembers and looks up his cabin assignment. As he makes his way to his cabin he can't help but feel slightly apprehensive about his new post. Entring his cabin he sets down his bag and pulls out his orders, going over them for the umptenth time.
Security Officer Third Class Derek Ashland,
As commander of this training brigade, allow me to be the first to welcome you to our ranks. Your first duty assignment will be aboard the starship Tyrenor, it is docked in the Alpha Centauri shipdocks. Report there immediatly, and good luck in your new assignment.
Putting his orders away Derek checks out his quarters, and begins unpacking.
Dresdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 02:07 PM   #4
Neb

"45 minutes till launch, activating singularity generators and scanning path for obstructions."
Old 12-07-2001, 02:53 PM   #5
Neb

"30 minutes till launch, running final systems scans and setting course for Antares."
Old 12-07-2001, 03:38 PM   #6
Neb

"5 minutes remaining, if you are not in your quarters at this moment you should head there immediately."

The ship shook as the massive anti-matter engines started to come to life.....
Old 12-07-2001, 03:50 PM   #7
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

The young space colonel ran across the field towards the ship..
He had his uniform in one hand and his shoes in the other..
*T minus 5 minutes!*, the speaker proclaimed.
André was really in a hurry, he would probarbly get thrown out of the army if he didn't get on the ship in time..

André was 26 years old, he was born in France, paris, but had moved to London at the age of three..
When he was 18 he had enlisted for the army and was now on his way to his third space mission.
He was to attend the ship as an army inspector and was prepared to do his duty as he was told.
Sir ReGiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 04:00 PM   #8
Neb

"T minus 4 minutes."

André reached the airlock and stumbled through it, he quickly checked the piece of paper on which it said where his quarters were.

"T minus 3 minutes."

He quickly raced through the empty corridors of the ship towards his quarters.

"T minus 2 minutes."

Reaching his quarters, he pulled out his keycard and managed to unlock the door.

"T minus 1 minute remaining till launch."

The door closed behind André as the ships engines were fully activated.

The ship shook and accelerated, it was launched towards the emptiness of space at mind-bogglingly amazing speeds...... But something went wrong.....

André was thrown off his feet as the ship came to a shuddering halt, he could feel that something was wrong....

--------------------------------------

(The Bridge)

"Captain! Reactor malfunction! The drives are dead and we've been sent flying off course!"
"Damnit! Get someone to find out where we are and send out squads to check the damage."
"Yes sir!" said the young cadet and rushed off to deliver the captain's orders....

--------------------------------------

(Engineering area 5)

"Damn," said the engineer as he got to his feet, "That was some crash, I wonder what happened...." He shakily looked around and found himself face to face with something non-human which disemboweled him and dragged his corpse into one of the air vents......

(OOC: The Tyrenor's engines are dead, it's lost 1/3rd of it's reactor power and it's in uncharted space..... And there's also something else going on.....)
Old 12-07-2001, 04:18 PM   #9
Dresdan
Zhentarim Guard

Struggeling back to his feet somewhat shaken Derek gathers his thoughts~What the hell was that, somethings not right. I got to go see whats giong on.~Running from his quarters he makes his way towards the bridge.
Dresdan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2001, 04:19 PM   #10
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

André had made it just in time..
He had reached his quarters, shut the door behind him, and had let out a sigh of relief..
But just as he was getting comfortable, the ship shook violently..
Then made a halt, throwing him into the opposite wall..
He got up, and touched his head carefully..
Nope, everything seemed to be whole..
He opened the door to his room, and looked out into the cooridor..
Almost immiediatly he was knocked back by a big armed man blocking his door.
*You need to stay in your room, sir!*
*What's going on soldier! What has happened to the ship?!*
*I cannot say that sir!*
*Dammit, tell me boy! I am your supreme officer, I demand an answer!*
The man seemed to hesitate for awhile, but soon the expressionless face returned again.
*I'm ordered to make sure you stay where you are, sir!*
André realized that continuing the questioning was futile..
He started unpacking his bag, always being watched by the soldier in his doorway..
Sir ReGiN is offline   Reply With Quote