Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 02-27-2001, 08:40 AM   #1
Gray Mage
Banned User

Ok I picked up this amulet of shield, and a couple other rings and whst not. They are supposed to do thing like shield, earth controll and other Wonderous things. Well guess what I seem to have a couple of nice pieces of jewelry, because I can not seem to get them to work.
>
> Can someone explain how to use them.....Or I'll just have to give them to Storm Queen as gifts(They are kind of nice looking)
Old 02-27-2001, 08:44 AM   #2
Hellfire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

click on the bag icon or the special ability icon one of those should enable it,i have my books here so give me a minute to look it up....um yes it said to use the item button
Old 02-27-2001, 08:56 AM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Yup, the archfiend has it right, my Mage. The options available to you should come up at the bottom of the screen when you click those icons.

Cloudbringer
Old 02-27-2001, 09:05 AM   #4
Gray Mage
Banned User

I guess I should have, like Hellfire, read the book. Instead I wanted to jump in and battle the forces of evil. Unfortunately I have to wait all day to try this (work and all)
>
Thanks guys
>
Is it warmer by you today CB?
Old 02-27-2001, 09:13 AM   #5
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

No, GM, it's not! As a matter of fact, the great State Univ. has in it's infinite wisdom (sarcasm alert!) turned the heat down this week since the students are on break. Of course, the fact that we, peons known as the STAFF must sit in our coats to type and struggle for the glory of Amn..no, wait that's not right...NY , yes that's the right struggle....sheesh. See what I mean, brain is in slow form thanks to the cold...fingers turning blue....can't type.....

CloudChill
-it must be all of 55 F in here this morning! brrrrrrrrr
Old 02-27-2001, 09:16 AM   #6
Hellfire
Elite Waterdeep Guard

hey Gray Mage i wasn't being sarcastic,so please don't think that ,i really have my books here at work with me.i am sorry if that seemed rude,i was being sincer(sp is not my strong piont,but then again what does a devil need it for?)
Old 02-27-2001, 09:35 AM   #7
Gray Mage
Banned User

no..no I'm just the type to say manual.....what's that, I usually use game manuals as paper weights. That goes for all things lawn mowers, gills, etc.
>
>
I was definately NOT offended. ou know what it is, it's that whole type face....you only see what you read, not the actions that go with it, and they are MOST important!!!!
>
>
Gray mage casts: Campfire
casts: eletric Blankets
Old 02-27-2001, 09:47 AM   #8
BLACK KNIGHT

Manual? We don't need no stinking manual!!!! Don't worry, I didn't read it either. I do have a partner in crime who did, though. And I have played BG1 and IWD. But maybe I'll read the manual too . . . . riiiight.

BK

Old 02-27-2001, 10:07 AM   #9
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

They´re supposed to be under the forpointed star button for your special abbilities i.e not the magic or under the one resembling the bag(is it there or only in IWD, graaaaaadsdg I hate not being able to play games... damn hand.. er paw..) Click on the appropriate one and you will see different symbols and see the mo text. Click and it will start to function. Obs some Items are once per day use and others have only a few charges before they disappear.
Old 02-27-2001, 10:13 AM   #10
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Don't bother, BK! Gray Mage just made us spiffy campfire and electric blankets (suggestive, come-hither smile) Don't you just love our new mage?! Who needs a manual anyway?! HAHAHAHA I think mine is under the dust on my computer desk someplace...Of course if I did read it, I might be consumed by those pesky numbers and charts. ick...Not worth it!

Gray Mage: It's warmer up here already! You still in rainy day mode down in NJ? How far is that from Albany, anyway? A few hours, maybe? My tech friend and ex-boss lives in Paramus and commutes here to teach several days a week. I always thought he was nuts, I have trouble with a half hour commute! Hope you have fun with the new booty you picked up in the game, now that you've unlocked the secret of using it!

Cloudbringer, who had one teriffic multi-play game yesterday!!!