Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 02-10-2003, 10:38 PM   #41
antryg
Fzoul Chembryl

Actually, when I saw the picture, the first thing I thought of was the rifle that Mel Gibson used in "Lethal Weapon". The second thing I thought of was that it looked exactly like the gun that fell out of my cereal box yesterday morning. You can imagine my surprise. How did they get that thing to fit into the box. Then I realized that there was no room for any cereal in the box and all I got was that lousy gun. Since there wasn't any cereal I ate the gun.
Old 02-11-2003, 01:07 AM   #42
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Sir Taliesin:

Cases like these are hard to prove, because the plaintiff must prove the firearm was defective in some way. Just because someone murders someone else with a firearm doesn't mean that the firearm was defective.
Ah but my point was taking them to court because the gun is doing exactly what it's made to do, not because it's defective.

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 02-11-2003, 01:07 AM   #43
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie:
Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:

Charlie, gunpowder exists for other purposes other than propelling bullets too. Fireworks for example. It's the application of the invention/discovery into an instrument of death.

Ah whatever. I'm over it now anyway... just throwing that idea out there. If a lawyer wants to run with it it may make a diff. but I'm not a lawyer.
Of course my friend of course. We're pals, nothing else matters. [img]smile.gif[/img] [/QB][/QUOTE]Exactly mate. Love ya. [img]smile.gif[/img]

http://www.hughwilson.com
Old 02-11-2003, 04:19 AM   #44
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by RevRuby:
nathan plans on having a shotgun to be "cleaning" when our daughters dates pick them up! and vaskez, your language needs cleaned up. besides kids these days don;t respond to just bulk, most of them carry guns too
That could only happen in America because the gun laws are so sensible [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 02-11-2003, 04:50 AM   #45
Masklinn

I truly don't understand what is so *cool* about guns.
Maybe some of you could enlighten me ?
Old 02-11-2003, 05:57 AM   #46
Moiraine
Anubis

Larry, Larry ... you seem to have forgotten that this is an international Board, and that by posting a thread involving as strong a matter of cultural disagreement as firearms, you would inevitably get vehement disagreeing replies.

I don't see where Yorick's post has been mean, or unclever, or whatever. As you US people are known to sue a lot, he simply has brought both points together. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 02-11-2003, 09:33 AM   #47
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Yorick:
Gun companies should be sued by the families of people killed by their products.

Timber? Surely there's a buck in that for you?
Well, there it is folks. Every nation in the world, prepare to go broke as this *marvelous* plan is put into action and you are all sued blind by the 'victims' of every war you've ever been involved in.

*Takes tongue out of cheek*

No offense Yorick, but I see you constantly haul out this statement whenever the subject of guns comes up, and it just keeps getting sillier.

By your logic, every car manufacturer should be broke from lawsuits of people killed in a car accident, every beer company should be broke from the lawsuits of people killed due to alcohol, every pharmacutical company should be broke because of all of the people killed by their frugs, every purveyor of anything even *REMOTELY* dangerous should be buried in lawsuits because of the *potentially* harmful effects of their product. I mean, c'mon, every toy company, every construction company, every manufacturer of anything that could possibly be used as a lethal insturment...*Pauses [img]graemlins/rant.gif[/img] * You know...I could go on for hours, but then, it wouldn't do any good. You're convinced that this fallacious arguement is valid, and nothing I say will possibly change your mind. [img]smile.gif[/img]

To each his own, oh Bard. I dont think we'll ever see eye to eye on this topic, as so many others. Pax dude. [img]smile.gif[/img]

EDIT: Hmmmm...seems that this has already been responded to several times. Hmmmm....*wonders if Magik is accurate with his trolling comment* Yorick? Are you fishing again? HEHE

[ 02-11-2003, 09:36 AM: Message edited by: Nachtrafe ]

"May the wings of liberty never lose a feather!"
Old 02-11-2003, 09:38 AM   #48
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Oh, and, ON topic...Yeah, I like guns. And that is a sweet one! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Thanks for the great site Larry, and for the addition site Mouse. They should both come in useful for research. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Magik...I agree, it *would* be a coup if that gun could replace the M2. It'll be interesting to see what happens. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2003, 09:47 AM   #49
Nachtrafe
Red Wizard of Thay

Quote:
Originally posted by Charlie:
I agree guns are taboo. I don't think it should be a "done down" subject. Same as drugs. It's better to discuss these issues as opposed to brushing them under the carpet. Does this site have a "taboo" type culture towards guns or the more emotive issues? Truth is I'm not sure. I think in the past maybe the site was slightly more closeted, but now it's more open. It's no good pretending to the youth of today that guns, drugs and violence aren't out there. Unfortunately it really is becoming the norm'. I don't necessarily hold with the view that IW has a taboo relationship with these very serious issues. I think that as IW has evolved it has opened up and now takes these issues on board. Face it, this is now the world as we know it, we can't hide the youth from it. Better to let them know the truth....
Hear hear! Well said Charlie!

Any time someone mentions guns, for whatever purpose, there always seem to be those that jump on the 'all guns are bad and we must bash those that like/own/want to own them'. Oblivion posted a good thread awhile back to debate the effectiveness of a single type of gun. And it was going along well for awhile. Then, of course, someone had to come along and derail the whole bloody thing with their 'guns are bad' pap. A lot of things are bad: guns, war, fire, sugar, high cholesterol, etc. But when someone posts a subject with a specific debating intent, it's only polite not to derail it by simply coming in and saying 'This is bad, and you're bad for bringing it up, and it should be banned/destroyed/the maker should be sued/whatever.'

But, that's just my opinion...I could be wrong. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-11-2003, 09:54 AM   #50
MagiK

Just a note about the Gun and Mouses link.

I note that the US is only one of a number of nations who produce sniper rifles, included among the best and most prolific are...da da dahhhhh
Austria, Belgium, Canada, Czech Republic, Finland, France, Germany, Israel, Italy, Norway, Philipines, Russia, Sweden, Switzerland, UK and Yugoslavia, all lands of anti-gun laws....I find that strange that in countries where the people are not allowed to own guns, they are encouraged to produce them.

Edit: for colour

[ 02-11-2003, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: MagiK ]